Director of PR and Marketing Communications
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About The Minerva Project
The Minerva Project aims to present a new model for higher education. Minerva's is re-imagining every aspect of the university-student relationship in anticipation of students' changing needs in an evolving world. We believe that pairing our challenging, rigorous curriculum focused on intellectual development with unique global immersion opportunities, the Minerva experience will accelerate the trajectory of the brightest and hardest working students in the world to proactively shape our collective future.
As Director of PR and Marketing Communications, you'll help define Minerva's messaging platform and direct the design and execution of communication elements to best reach the multitude of audiences. As we anticipate PR will be an important channel for communication, you must have direct experience and proven success managing media and press relations. You'll be right for this role if 1) you are hungry to build something from the ground up, 2) enjoy the complexity of developing communication strategies and tactics for many different audiences, and 3) have the desire to dig deep in the weeds to get things done.
- Develop and continually evolve the Minerva messaging platform
- Design and execute communication plans and tactics for each target audience
- Drive an impactful PR program to build thought leadership, visibility and awareness among the press, influencers and audience
- Manage media relations; should have comfort handling direct outreach/pitching as well as building and maintaining our media database
- Evaluate, on-board and direct agencies as needed including: PR, promotional, design, etc.
- Lead the efforts in creating relevant and compelling content that will engage our audiences
- Copy development for press announcements, website, feature articles, blog posts and other communication materials
- Creation of highly impactful collateral (both online and offline) to drive messages to relevant audiences
- Experience with developing and implementing complex communication strategies and plans
- Demonstrated experience in building brands both offline and online with creative initiatives that “break the rules”
- Able to think strategically while at the same time embracing the most delicate nuances of communication
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Self-driven and proactive
- Global experience and sensitivity to cultural considerations in countries where Minerva expects to have a significant presence (US, China, India, Other Asia, Europe, Latin Am)
- BA degree; MBA preferred
- Experience and/or passion in disrupting higher education
- Scrappy start-up experience a huge plus
Contact us if your qualifications are a strong match with this role. To apply: submit brief cover letter and your resume!