Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About The Minerva Project
Based in San Francisco, The Minerva Project aims to present a new model for higher education. Minerva is re-imagining every aspect of the university-student relationship in anticipation of students' changing needs in an evolving world. We believe that pairing our challenging, rigorous curriculum focused on intellectual development with unique global immersion opportunities, the Minerva experience will accelerate the trajectory of the brightest and hardest working students in the world to proactively shape our collective future.
As Creative Director, you’ll start with a blank slate and have the opportunity to build our brand from the ground up. You will personally drive the efforts around development of our brand visual identity and in the future serve as arbiter when it comes to brand use. To be effective in this role, you have to be someone who passionately believes in the value of brand and the complementary and essential role that design plays in conveying brand positioning and relevance. In this role, you're also expected to conceive and execute breakthrough ideas that will have as massive impact with our multitude of audiences. We're looking for a seasoned creative who's interested in digging in deep personally to create fantastic work. You will be expected to be a doer as well as a thinker, who does not settle for the expected and conventional, but works to push ideas beyond the norm.
- Work closely with CMO on all brand development work; brand framework, positioning, messaging platform, etc.
- Personally drive the development of brand visual identity and define marketing communications' creative direction
- Brand champion and arbiter ensuring exceptional creative output and consistent use of brand across all platforms both online and offline
- Conceive and execute breakthrough programs and ideas to drive audience engagement
- Re-imagine all communication channels to deliver messaging in creative and unexpected ways
- Oversee all video production developed by Minerva for both marketing as well as product purposes
- Foster outside agency relationships to develop a creative ecosystem globally
- Extensive design experience building brands either in-house or at a world class creative agency
- Portfolio of original and breakthrough work
- Demonstrated successes in building brands both offline and online with creative initiatives that “break the rules”
- Self-driven and proactive
- Global experience and sensitivity to cultural considerations in countries where Minerva expects to have a significant presence (US, China, India, Other Asia, Europe, Latin Am)
- BA degree; MFA preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a fast-paced team
- Experience and/or passion in disrupting higher education
- Scrappy start-up experience a huge plus