Water & Wastewater Engineer
Water & Wastewater | Cheshire, CT | Full Time
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. offers a full integration of specialty practices in water resource engineering, community planning, landscape architecture, water and wastewater engineering, civil/structural engineering, transportation engineering, and construction administration to bring projects from the planning level through construction.
Our team of water and wastewater engineers applies its technical expertise and knowledge to water supply, wastewater, and related infrastructure design projects for municipal, utility, and private clients.
We are seeking an entry-level civil/water & wastewater engineer who will design, plan, and analyze data on a wide range of civil and water/wastewater projects including sanitary sewer, pumping stations, water treatment plants, etc.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, team oriented, and flexible, possessing the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Planning, design, analysis, preparation of specifications, and construction administration
- Developing technical drawings using AutoCAD
- Reviewing local regulations and preparing permit applications
- Working closely and communicating regularly (both oral and written) with staff across disciplines, including clients and subcontractors
- Working on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously, utilizing organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Will ensure project compliance with all company practices and quality and safety standards and facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of projects on time and budget
- Preparing documents and technical reports
Required qualifications are as written below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple assignments to meet project deadlines
- Ability to travel to project sites
Preferred qualifications include the following:
- Prior design and construction inspection experience
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
We are committed to giving back to the community in which we live and work. We are a team of talented, committed, and energetic people who are motivated by challenge, diversity, and team success. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, opportunities for advancement, and a fun and creative working environment. Come join our team.
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer