Water Resource Engineer - VT
Water Resource & Environmental Science | Waterbury, VT | Full Time
The Vermont Office of Milone & MacBroom, Inc. offers engineering and environmental science services to public, non-profit, and private clients in Vermont and the region. We specialize in water resource engineering and science and provide environmentally-friendly engineering solutions to keep people safe and protect natural resources. Our specialty work includes stream and floodplain restoration, flood mitigation, dam removal, dam safety, stormwater management, fish passage design, bridges, culverts, and transportation system protection.
The successful engineer will get to work on a wide range of river and floodplain projects and will assist project teams with design-related tasks such as field data collection, hydrology and hydraulic modeling, engineering analysis, map and plan preparation, permitting, and reporting.
The candidate should possess the following qualifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering with a concentration in water resources.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification.
- One to five years’ experience in water resources work including hydrologic calculations and HEC-RAS hydraulic modeling.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting with AutoCAD Civil 3D and map preparation and analysis with GIS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We are passionate about our work. We work collaboratively in a relaxed atmosphere. We believe in fostering a workplace that embraces our employees' unique abilities. We have a strong sense of community where we help one another to thrive and succeed. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, opportunities for advancement, and a fun and creative working environment.
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.