Water Resource Engineer
Water Resource Engineering | Cheshire, CT | Full Time
YOUR ROLE AND INFLUENCE
SLR Consulting (SLR) is seeking an entry- to mid-level Water Resource Engineer to work in its Water Resource Engineering Group located in Cheshire, Connecticut. The engineer will work on a wide range of water-resource-related projects, including stream and river restoration, flood mitigation, and geomorphic assessment.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of experienced licensed engineers, landscape architects, planners, scientists, and other professional staff that will be supportive of their growth and development. They will also have the opportunity to collaborate on exciting and significant projects using interactive and engaging tools to deliver quality work that has a positive and lasting impact on the communities in which we work.
We offer a vibrant working environment, one that nurtures learning and professional growth through mentorship and daily collaboration as well as socialization.
- Provide engineering design and develop technical drawings using AutoCAD for water-resource-related projects.
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic computations and modeling.
- Collect monitoring data and perform field reviews of project sites.
- Prepare technical documents and reports.
The Water Resource Engineer should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 0 to 5 years' experience in stream and river restoration
- Experience applying environmental modeling (e.g., HEC RAS, HEC HMS, and others)
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification preferred
- Working knowledge of AutoCADCivil 3D
COMPETENCIES, ATTRIBUTES, AND TRAITS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to produce well‑written reports and regulatory compliance documents.
SLR is a professional consulting and engineering firm providing a range of technical consulting and advisory services across five regions in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, and Africa. Our company is comprised of more than 1,500 employees successfully delivering innovative client solutions. In the United States, SLR has nearly 500 employees located throughout 28 offices. Our team represents a broad and diverse range of technical, engineering, and environmental capabilities.
SLR is driven by a commitment to professional and technical excellence, best practices, and high standards of ethics and integrity that are fundamental to our success in improving our communities. Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, we seek out the best talent and offer a wide range of career opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full- and part-time employees that includes a competitive salary, health insurance program, paid time off and holidays, wellness program, volunteer opportunities, company-sponsored activities, opportunities for advancement, and a fun and creative working environment.
SLR is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.