Traffic & Transportation Planning | New Haven, CT | Full Time
YOUR ROLE AND INFLUENCE
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. has an opening for a highly talented transportation planner/engineer to serve as a valuable member of our multi-disciplinary team located in our downtown New Haven, Connecticut office.
The candidate is responsible for the preparation of transportation planning and engineering studies, reports and plans. The transportation planner/engineer will work on a wide range of efforts that will include technical reports, traffic analysis, roadway/traffic safety assessments, non-motorist/bicycle/pedestrian projects, geometric design, as well as parking planning.
The position has great potential for growth. The ability to move safely and be mobile through a multitude of transportation modes – not only car, but also by bus, train, bicycle, on foot, etc – is and will increasingly be critical to the functioning of society. The person who fills this position will have the ability to help lead Milone & MacBroom, Inc. forward in the rapidly changing transportation field where multimodal mobility as well as autonomous vehicle/connected vehicle technology, not to mention environmental constraints, are expected to eventually dominate the industry. At Milone & MacBroom, our transportation planners and traffic engineers work together alongside a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, with our clients, and in communities to develop creative and sustainable solutions to meet the needs and safety of the traveling public.
YOUR SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation Engineering, Planning, Urban Planning or related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in some or all of the following areas: traffic impact studies, corridor studies, bicycle and pedestrian facilities planning and design, and transit operations.
- Experience with traffic analysis software including Highway Capacity Software (HCS) and SYNCHRO. Experience with VISSIM a plus.
- Familiarity with CADD software and GIS software.
- Familiarity with MUTCD guidelines/standards, as well as State DOT/FHWA policies and procedures.
- Desire to be on the forefront of the evolving transportation planning/engineering field
- Familiarity with emerging best-practices/guidelines in transportation, urban transportation, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to research, present and convey information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to participate in occasional evening work assignments.
- Independent, critical thinker with strong analytical ability, commitment to high-quality, and follow-through.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to professional excellence, best practices, and the high standards of ethics and integrity that are fundamental to our success in improving our community. Whether you are a young graduate or an experienced professional, we seek the best talent and offer a wide range of career opportunities for personal growth and professional development. Our camaraderie continues outside work hours with engaging team sports, volunteer opportunities in the community, wellness events, and company-sponsored gatherings and activities. We offer a
comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, opportunities for advancement, and a fun and creative working environment. We hope you'll consider applying.
To learn more about this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
WHO WE ARE
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is a leading and rapidly expanding consulting firm with distinguished multidisciplinary expertise in engineering, landscape architecture, planning, and environmental science. Recognized as one of the largest engineering firms in Connecticut in 2018 by the Hartford Business Journal and classified in 2017 by Engineering News Record as a top design firm, MMI is looking for the next talented professional to advance the team. Our corporate office is located in Cheshire, Connecticut, with seven regional locations in New Haven, Connecticut; Portland, Maine; New Paltz, New York; Bedford, New Hampshire; Springfield, Massachusetts; and Waterbury, Vermont.
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.