IT Assistant Intern
Administration | Cheshire, CT | Internship
YOUR ROLE AND INFLUENCE
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is currently seeking a highly organized IT Assistant Intern for our Cheshire, Connecticut office during summer 2019. The IT Assistant Intern will be responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance of computer systems and other technologies, such as communication systems. As the IT Assistant, you will be contributing to the following tasks:
- Configuring hardware and software
- Setting up peripherals such as printers or routers
- Repairing equipment and providing daily support for computer network users
- Answering calls and emails regarding the computer network or communication systems
- Audio/Visual Support (meeting setups/Lunch & Learns/ HR training)
- Tracking inventory/data management/archiving
- FTP support
- Evaluating new technologies
- Various other general IT-support-related tasks
YOUR SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES
The It Assistant Intern should possess the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in a bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or a related field OR technical training coupled with experience
- Certifications offered by hardware and software vendors such as Microsoft (optional).
- Knowledge of computer network systems and computer hardware.
- Troubleshooting capabilities of network systems and computer hardware/ability to make any necessary repairs
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven work environment
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We offer a vibrant working environment – one that nurtures learning, supports self-reliance, and encourages professional growth through mentorship and daily collaboration. There are no benefits associated with this internship; however, our work environment and culture offer a unique employee experience, promoting social connections both inside and outside of work with team building activities, lunch & learn seminars, internal training courses, team sports, corporate volunteer opportunities, wellness events, and other company-sponsored activities.
WHO WE ARE
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is a leading consulting firm with distinguished multidisciplinary expertise in engineering, landscape architecture, planning, and environmental science. Recognized as one of the largest engineering firms in 2018 by the Hartford Business Journal and classified in 2017 by Engineering News Record as a top design firm, MMI is looking for the next talented professional to advance the team. Our corporate office is located in Cheshire, Connecticut, with seven regional locations in New Haven, Connecticut; Portland, Maine; New Paltz, New York; Bedford and Manchester, New Hampshire; Springfield, Massachusetts; and Waterbury, Vermont.
To learn more about this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.