Hydrology & Hydraulics Engineer
Transportation | Cheshire, CT | Full Time
YOUR ROLE AND INFLUENCE
We are seeking a civil engineer with 2 to 5 years of experience and a strong interest in and focus on hydrology and hydraulics to join our Connecticut team. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the design team, utilizing his/her knowledge and problem-solving skills to undertake a diverse range of project needs. He/she will also be a key factor in the following ventures:
- A variety of design tasks in multiple elements of civil engineering with an emphasis on bridges, culverts, stream channels, and stormwater management systems along with complex hydraulic, roadway drainage, and stormwater management design projects driven by current regulatory requirements, water quality regulations, and permitting requirements
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling using various computer models such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, and Hydroflow and Hydraflow Hydrographs in order to assist in the design of the projects
- Private, state, and municipal projects using hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, analyses, and design to support a wide range of projects including floodplain management, river restoration, bridges, roadway design, dams, stormwater management design, and sediment and erosion control
YOUR SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES
The Hydrology and Hydraulics Engineer should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification required
- Experience performing hydrology and hydraulics modeling ,analysis, and design using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation, TR-20-based hydrology models, HEC-HMS, and HEC-RAS
- Basic knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program
- Experience with flood hazard permitting and soil erosion and sediment control plans is a plus.
- Must be well organized and able to effectively manage time.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities
- The qualified candidate must possess a valid driver's license with ability to travel within New England to assist regional offices as needed.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to professional excellence, best practices, and the high standards of ethics and integrity that are fundamental to our success in improving our community. We provide career-driven opportunities and offer support to all our talented professionals seeking personal growth and professional development. Camaraderie continues outside work hours with engaging team sports, volunteer opportunities in the community, wellness events, and company-sponsored gatherings and activities. With a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, opportunities for advancement, and a fun and creative working environment, we hope you'll consider submitting your cover letter and resume to https://www.MMInc.com/careers.
WHO WE ARE
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is a leading consulting firm with distinguished multidisciplinary expertise in engineering, landscape architecture, planning, and environmental science. Recognized as one of the largest engineering firms in 2018 by the Hartford Business Journal and classified in 2017 by Engineering News Record as a top design firm, MMI is always looking for the next talented professional to advance the team. Our corporate office is located in Cheshire, Connecticut, with seven regional locations in New Haven, Connecticut; Portland, Maine; New Paltz, New York; Bedford and Manchester, New Hampshire; Springfield, Massachusetts; and Waterbury, Vermont.
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.