Hydrology & Hydraulics Engineer
Civil Engineering | Cheshire, CT | Full Time
Milone & MacBroom is seeking a Hydrology & Hydraulics Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience to join our Cheshire, Connecticut office. The candidate will be an integral part of the design team, utilizing his/her knowledge of Hydrology & Hydraulics and problem-solving skills to support clients.
Our team of talented Civil Engineers provide a full range of professional services for a variety of projects that include site planning and engineering, road design, stormwater management design, utility design, hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, and land use permitting.
- The candidate will perform a variety of design tasks in multiple elements of civil engineering with an emphasis in site/civil, stream channels, culverts, bridges, and stormwater management systems while also working on complex hydraulic, roadway drainage and stormwater management design projects driven by current regulatory requirements, water quality regulations, and permits.
- Develop hydrologic and hydraulic modeling using various computer models such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, and Hydroflow and Hydraflow Hydrographs to assist in the design of the projects.
- The candidate will work on private, state, and municipal projects and perform hydrologic and hydraulics analyses and design for a wide range of projects including site development, floodplain management, river restoration, bridges, roadway design, dams, stormwater management design, sediment and erosion control, and hydraulic modeling.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Water Resources, or Environmental Engineering
- Experience performing hydrology and hydraulics analysis and design using AutoCAD, TR-20-based hydrology models, HEC-HMS, and HEC-RAS
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification required
- Experience with flood hazard permitting and soil erosion and sediment control plans is a plus.
- Must be well organized and able to effectively manage time
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities
- The qualified candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with ability to travel within New England to support regional offices as needed
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is a multidisciplinary consulting firm offering a full integration of specialty practices in water resource engineering, community planning, landscape architecture, water and wastewater engineering, civil/structural engineering, transportation engineering, and construction administration, serving both private and public clients. Our corporate office is located in Cheshire, Connecticut, with regional office locations in Maine, New York, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Vermont.
We are committed to giving back to the community in which we live and work. We are a team of talented, committed, energetic people who are motivated by challenge, diversity, and team success. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, opportunities for advancement, and a fun and creative working environment. Come join our team!
To learn more about this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.