Human Resources Assistant/Administrative Assistant
Administration | Cheshire, CT | Full Time
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. has a unique opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated human resources assistant to work in a fast-paced professional office environment. In this position, the human resources assistant will support the Human Resources Department in a wide variety of human resource-related tasks, including recruiting, new hire onboarding process, benefits administration, employee engagement, etc. The candidate will split their time between Human Resources and the Administrative Departments, providing clerical support to professional staff.
The human resources assistant will be responsible for the following:
The candidate should display a high level of customer service skills to internal and external clients and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Assist with the overall recruitment process for all MMI offices, which includes creating job postings, monitoring job boards and social media sites, and managing online postings. Schedule interviews, update applicant tracking and recruiting spreadsheet, and process reference checks and background screenings.
- Research and source potential candidates through internet searches, job boards, and various industry-related sources.
- Research college programs and provide support at events.
New Employee Onboarding
- Assist in new hire onboarding process and collection of information.
- Set up and maintain employee personnel and benefit files.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining I-9 files
- Assist in keeping affirmative action data updated and completing information requests.
- Support updates to the HR Intranet site.
- Recordkeeping and file maintenance
- Maintain log of personnel changes during the year.
- Assist with benefits administration, status changes, and employee inquiries.
- Assist in coordinating and promoting company functions, activities, and wellness programs.
- Assist with employee surveys and prepare survey data for analysis.
- Prepare, type, proofread, edit, and format memorandums, letters, complex reports, and contract documents for technical staff.
- Organize and maintain project files per company guidelines.
- Provide back-up front desk coverage and answer phones.
- Participate in committee meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Perform special assignments and other general administrative tasks as required.
This position fits an individual who is flexible, friendly, enjoys helping others, displays a high level of professionalism, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- An associate’s degree or professional certification in human resources or related field, two to three years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with writing, proofreading, and editing documents and ability to apply English usage and grammar skills is required.
- Internet savvy and social media experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A deadline- and detail-oriented work ethic, and the candidate should be responsible, well organized, and have excellent follow-through capabilities.
- Experience in the A/E/C industry is preferred.
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service consulting firm headquartered in Cheshire, Connecticut. Our firm offers a diverse set of specialty practices in the fields of engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental science. We maintain a vibrant working environment – one that nurtures learning and professional growth through mentorship and daily collaboration as well as socialization. From quarterly meetings and socials to employee wellness events to our office sports teams, our firm fosters diversity, community engagement, life-work balance, and a sense of civic mission.
We are committed to giving back to the community in which we live and work. We are a team of talented, committed, energetic people who are motivated by challenge, diversity, and team success. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, opportunities for advancement, and a fun and creative working environment. Come join our team.
To learn more about this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.