Facilities | Cheshire, CT | Full Time
YOUR ROLE AND INFLUENCE
SLR Consulting (SLR) seeks a Facilities Assistant to work 24 hours per week in its Cheshire, Connecticut office and support its Facilities Team.
The Facilities Assistant is responsible for assisting the Facilities Manager in overseeing the daily operations of all facilities and equipment management. Makes repairs and upgrades to facilities and equipment. Performs light cleaning and light maintenance duties as well as administrative, logistic, or other duties as assigned.
The Facilities Assistant must be able to stand, walk, and lift up to 50 pounds. Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, experience with plumbing and facilities maintenance, and excellent time management skills.
We offer a vibrant working environment, one that nurtures learning and professional growth through mentorship and daily collaboration as well as socialization.
- Assist in maintaining office facilities to keep them safe, orderly, and in good repair.
- Perform inspection/maintenance and repair tasks, as needed.
- Perform light cleaning in all common areas and restrooms.
- Assist in ensuring that all office equipment, furniture, and company vehicles are maintained and in good repair.
- Attend to the grounds, maintaining a clean, well-kept appearance to entryways and outdoor areas for SLR's Cheshire office location, including raking, brush trimming, snow shoveling, litter, etc.
- Assist with purchasing, supplies inventory, and vendor relations.
- May assist in receiving large packages and deliveries.
- Assist in providing report and mapping reproduction, as required.
- Serve as a backup to the Facilities Manager for on-call emergency facility or maintenance issues for SLR's Cheshire office location.
- Maintain operational compliance with company health and safety policies as well as state and federal laws.
- Occasional delivery or pickup of reports, proposals, merchandise from various locations throughout the State
- High school diploma
- Three to five years’ experience in facilities maintenance
- Ability to move and lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver's license with safe driving record
- Experience using hand/power tools, leaf blowers, shovels, hand trucks, ladders,
COMPETENCIES, ATTRIBUTES AND TRAITS
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate and respond in a positive and professional manner to staff and vendors
- Excellent time management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Team player
- Good oral and written communication skills
SLR is a professional consulting and engineering firm providing a range of technical consulting and advisory services across five regions in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, and Africa. Our company is comprised of more than 1,500 employees successfully delivering innovative client solutions. In the United States, SLR has nearly 500 employees located throughout 28 offices. Our team represents a broad and diverse range of technical, engineering, and environmental capabilities.
SLR is driven by a commitment to professional and technical excellence, best practices, and high standards of ethics and integrity that are fundamental to our success in improving our communities. Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, we seek out the best talent and offer a wide range of career opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full- and part-time employees that includes a competitive salary, health insurance program, paid time off and holidays, wellness program, volunteer opportunities, company-sponsored activities, opportunities for advancement, and a fun and creative working environment.
SLR is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.