Environmental | Bedford, NH | Full Time
YOUR ROLE AND INFLUENCE
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is currently seeking an entry level Environmental Scientist to work in our Bedford, New Hampshire office. This position will support a wide range of environmental projects including property acquisition due diligence, site assessments, site remediation design, and brownfield redevelopment.
- Plan and perform Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs)
- Plan and execute subsurface explorations with soil, groundwater and air sampling, screening and analyses
- Underground storage tank closure assessments
- Plan and oversee site remediation activities
- Interact with clients
- Prepare permit applications
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. offers a full integration of specialty practices in civil, structural engineering, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, water resources engineering, community planning, landscape architecture, water and wastewater engineering, environmental assessment and remediation, and construction administration to bring projects from the planning level through construction. In this position, your experience and expertise will be fundamental to the team and will advance your opportunities for growth and success.
YOUR SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science required, Masters level preferred, in Geology, Environmental Science, or Hydrogeology; or Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of two to four years of experience planning and conducting environmental site assessments and remediation.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working with the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
- Demonstrated GIS and AutoCAD experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing scopes of work and cost estimates
- Current 40 hr. Hazwoper training
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to professional excellence, best practices, and the high standards of ethics and integrity that are fundamental to our success in improving our community. Whether you are a young graduate or an experienced professional, we seek the best talent and offer a wide range of career opportunities for personal growth and professional development. Our camaraderie continues outside work hours with engaging team sports, volunteer opportunities in the community, wellness events, and company-sponsored gatherings and activities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, opportunities for advancement, and a fun and creative working environment. We hope you'll consider applying.
To learn more about this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
WHO WE ARE
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is a leading consulting firm with distinguished multidisciplinary expertise in engineering, landscape architecture, planning, and environmental science. Recognized as one of the largest engineering firms in 2018 by the Hartford Business Journal and classified in 2017 by Engineering News Record as a top design firm, MMI is always looking for the next talented professional to advance the team. Our corporate office is located in Cheshire, Connecticut, with seven regional locations in New Haven, Connecticut; Portland, Maine; New Paltz, New York; Bedford, New Hampshire; Springfield, Massachusetts; and Waterbury, Vermont.
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.