College Internship Opportunities
Civil Engineering | Cheshire, CT | Internship
Milone & MacBroom offers internships and co-op opportunities to help students get practical work experience in their chosen field. Our internship program is a significant source for hiring entry level professional staff.
The internship is offered to students generally in the summer, winter, or throughout the academic year. The co-op program provides career training and generally will last for a longer period of time, up to six months.
The intern will gain hands-on experience in fieldwork and in an office setting. The program will help to prepare the intern for entering the field they have chosen upon graduation.
Working with professional staff and mentors, the intern will perform assignments designed to utilize and develop their professional skills and knowledge that are essential in their chosen field. The intern will assist project teams in the coordination of projects from conception through final plan preparation, fieldwork, analysis, design-related tasks, and preparation of technical reports. The intern will work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously and will need to possess strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Full time student currently enrolled in an educational field of study at a 4-year degree program from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and other relevant computer software-related programs
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Interest in helping the community
- Current valid driver’s license
The intern will need to be committed to learning new skills from a professional mentor and extending that knowledge through self-guided teaching.
We offer a positive and fun work environment that includes guidance from a mentor, in-house training programs, community involvement, and a health and wellness program.
Milone & MacBroom will generally review its internship program for hiring in the early spring. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process.
We wish you the best in your search for an internship.
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.