Transportation | Cheshire, CT | Full Time
YOUR ROLE AND INFLUENCE
SLR Consulting (SLR) is seeking an entry- to mid-level Bridge Engineer to work in its Transportation Engineering Group located in Cheshire, Connecticut. Our engineers work on a diverse and challenging range of state/municipal and private bridge engineering projects, including culverts and single and multi-span bridges from structural preservation to full replacement throughout the Northeast. We are looking to strengthen our industry-leading team with additional creative, inquisitive, and hardworking individuals to offer new perspectives and innovative solutions.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of experienced licensed engineers, landscape architects, planners, scientists, and other professional staff that will be supportive of their growth and development. They will also have the opportunity to collaborate on exciting and significant projects using interactive and engaging tools to deliver quality work that has a positive and lasting impact on the communities in which we work.
We offer a vibrant working environment, one that nurtures learning and professional growth through mentorship and daily collaboration as well as socialization.
- Perform structural analysis and prepare design calculations.
- Prepare contract documents, including plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Perform quality review of structural design calculations and contract documents.
- Develop structural details and construction plans using MicroStation or AutoCAD.
- Assist in bridge condition inspections and preparation of inspections.
- Ensure government standards in designs, including materials used and structural elements.
- Participate in meetings with clients and project team members.
The Bridge Engineer should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 0 to 5 years' experience in the field of Structural Engineering
- Bridge-related internship experience preferred for entry-level applicants
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification preferred
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D or MicroStation required
COMPETENCIES, ATTRIBUTES, AND TRAITS
- Problem solving skills and strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to understand and integrate information to advance projects from origination to implementation to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
SLR is a professional consulting and engineering firm providing a range of technical consulting and advisory services across five regions in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, and Africa. Our company is comprised of more than 1,500 employees successfully delivering innovative client solutions. In the United States, SLR has nearly 500 employees located throughout 28 offices. Our team represents a broad and diverse range of technical, engineering, and environmental capabilities.
SLR is driven by a commitment to professional and technical excellence, best practices, and high standards of ethics and integrity that are fundamental to our success in improving our communities. Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, we seek out the best talent and offer a wide range of career opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full- and part-time employees that includes a competitive salary, health insurance program, paid time off and holidays, wellness program, volunteer opportunities, company-sponsored activities, opportunities for advancement, and a fun and creative working environment.
SLR is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.