Administration | New Haven, CT | Full Time
YOUR ROLE AND INFLUENCE
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is currently seeking a highly organized and computer-savvy Administrative Assistant to join our team in our downtown New Haven office. The Administrative Assistant will be the first point of contact for internal and external clients and visitors and must exhibit professionalism. This position provides general administrative and office support. Commitment to high-quality work and customer service are crucial to success in this role. Our ideal candidate is a quick learner who demonstrates an excellent work ethic, is flexible and outgoing, has the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, and enjoys working in a team environment. This position is approximately 30 to 40 hours per week.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Administrative support, including typing, preparing, and editing reports, forms, contract documents, communications, presentations, and other correspondence for technical staff.
- General office support, including greeting visitors and clients, answering and routing telephone calls, copying, ordering supplies, processing incoming and outgoing mail, and managing deliveries
- Coordinating with building security on visitors
- Assisting with marketing production efforts and proposal management
- Coordinating special company events and functions
- Scheduling meetings and appointments
We offer a vibrant working environment – one that nurtures learning and professional growth through mentorship and daily collaboration as well as socialization. During your career at MMI, you will have the chance to interact with a multidisciplinary team of experienced engineers, landscape architects, planners, scientists, and other professional staff and learn about our specialty practices and projects and the consulting industry.
YOUR SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES
The Administrative Assistant should possess the following qualifications:
- Associates degree in business/office administration or a related field is desirable.
- Two or more years of administrative experience in a professional office environment
- Experienced in writing, proofreading, and editing documents and the ability to apply English usage and grammar skills is required.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with report design in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Acrobat preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven work environment
- Previous experience in an engineering consulting firm or related industry is desirable.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to professional excellence, best practices, and the high standards of ethics and integrity that are fundamental to our success in improving our community. Whether you are a new graduate or an experienced professional, we seek the best talent and offer a wide range of career opportunities for personal growth and professional development. Our camaraderie continues outside work hours with engaging team sports, volunteer opportunities in the community, wellness events, and company-sponsored gatherings and activities. With a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, opportunities for advancement, and a fun and creative working environment, we hope you'll consider applying.
WHO WE ARE
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is a leading and rapidly expanding consulting firm with distinguished multidisciplinary expertise in engineering, landscape architecture, planning, and environmental science. Recognized as one of the largest engineering firms in 2018 by the Hartford Business Journal and classified in 2017 by Engineering News Record as a top design firm, MMI is looking for the next talented professional to advance the team. Our corporate office is located in Cheshire, Connecticut, with seven regional locations in New Haven, Connecticut; Portland, Maine; New Paltz, New York; Bedford and Manchester, New Hampshire; Springfield, Massachusetts; and Waterbury, Vermont.
learn more about this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.