Internal Application: Full Stack Python Developer
Information Technology | Cambridge, MA | Full Time and Contract
We are looking for a full-stack Web Developer for one of our clients. The Full Stack Application Developer will be responsible for the systems analysis, development, implementation, and management of technology infrastructure for an internal client-facing system. This opportunity will be remotely based, however, you must be comfortable accommodating East Coast hours as needed.
- Work with stakeholders within and outside Client to specify and analyze requirements for data management, application backend, application frontend, and other internal tooling.
- Design, build, test, and deploy solutions for data integration, data warehousing, data provisioning, and data analyses.
- Design, build, test and deploy backend solutions - including APIs, business logic, and databases - that power customer-facing applications.
- Design, build, test and deploy customer-facing user experiences, user interfaces, and data visualizations that align with specified requirements, ensuring scalable, sustainable, and robust results.
- Contribute to and help architect internal projects including backend utility libraries and UI component library.
- Test, monitor, and maintain implemented solutions.
- Document requirements, designs, and implementations for all solutions.
- Interact with customers to support product use and understand product improvement needs.
- Other duties as required.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Python.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL and relational databases (Postgres, MySQL) building transactional databases, data warehouses, and/or data marts.
- 5+ years experience with full cycle web development, and working knowledge of Agile software development principles, required.
- 3+ years of experience with backend web frameworks, specifically Flask, or alternatively Django, Pyramid.
- 3+ years of experience with modern SPA frameworks/libraries, specifically React, or alternatively Angular, Vue.
- Expertise with foundational web technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Solid understanding of REST and HTTPS.
- Experience with the Microsoft software stack, C#, .Net Framework, SharePoint
Additional Experience (i.e., some combination of some of the following) :
- 2+ years of Python data analysis libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, and scraping libraries such as Beautiful Soup
- 2+ years of interactive data visualization JS library, specifically D3
- 2+ years of Node, JS package managers (npm, Yarn), and essential JS build/test tools such as Webpack, Babel, and Jest
- Visualization of survey data
- Large-scale data reporting and analytics
- Tableau or other interactive data visualization tools
- Excellent communication skills, an enthusiasm for telling stories with data, and a commitment to cultivating a working environment of respect, belonging, and diversity
- Accessibility, and user experience standards and best practices