Canvas Administrator: Technical Support
Information Technology | Boston, MA | Full Time and Contract
Millennial Tech is looking for an LMS Administrator who knows their way around scholarly systems for one of our Boston clients. You are someone who loves working with project teams and lives to oversee regular system updates and upgrades.
If this is YOU, read on!
The Learning Technologies (LT) Administrator is responsible for and provides technical leadership. You will be responsible for the operational support and maintenance of resources used for instructional services.
This position requires flexible shifts ranging from 10 am-6 pm to 12 pm to 8 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Answers all tier II support requests for learning technologies and escalates support requests to both software development teams and third-party vendors, as required, and manages them to resolution
- Engages with project teams to provide subject matter expertise, assists in the development of user stories in alignment with customer use cases and service strategy, and acts as the voice of the customer
- Manages a backlog of feature requests and defects through regular backlog grooming of applications in the service portfolio
- Creates, maintains, and executes a schedule of configuration changes, validation tasks, and maintenance tasks
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience as an application administrator or end of the line support; experience with custom-built products preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of product management and development principles, as well as the entire Software Development Life Cycle.
- 1-2 years experience with Zoom platform administration
- 1-2 years experience with Panopto or Kaltura platform administration
- 1-2 years of experience with Agile software development
- 1-2 years of experience with platform administration, instructional design principles, practices, and/or theories
- Experience with other instructional technologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, technology, management information systems, computer engineering, or a similar degree with equivalent related work experience.
- Recent experience with the administration of Zoom, Kaltura, Canvas, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively with faculty and staff with varying degrees
At Millennial Tech, we match great people with great companies. Our process is to get to know the role and also the company’s culture so that we can select the best fit and solution for the organization. Please visit https://millntech.com/ to get to know more about us.