Operations | Evanston, IL | Full Time
MightyNest – Purchasing Coordinator
Location: Evanston, IL
Do you have purchasing and retail experience? Are you an extremely organized person? Do you get excited about operational efficiency and are always looking for process improvements?
MightyNest.com is a mission-driven e-commerce company. We are a small but mighty team passionate about eco-friendly, healthy and mindful living. Our business is experiencing rapid growth and we are looking for a self-motivated, super organized, detail-oriented Purchasing Coordinator to join our team.
The main responsibility of this role is to create and manage Purchase Orders from creation to invoicing and receiving. This includes utilizing sales forecasts to create purchase orders, track inventory shipments and receipts and work with vendors and Accounting on invoices, mis-ships, questions, etc.
The ideal candidate is someone always looking for way to improve the process, must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, is analytical, works well in a collaborative environment, is flexible and solution oriented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Own all Purchase Orders from creation to invoicing and receiving
- Utilize forecasts and buying plans to create and submit purchase orders to vendors
- Answer all inquiries from vendors on POs; adjust orders, update pricing, vendor contact info, etc.
- Follow up on late orders, backorders and mis-ships
- Reconcile receiving issues such as short ships, damages or missing merchandise; request and track credit when needed
- Investigate and correct issues associated with mismatched invoices, purchase orders, invoices, deliveries, shipping and receiving
- Ensure Accounting has invoices for all inventory purchases
Collaborate across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Work with Accounting on past due, missing and/or inaccurate invoices
- Assist manager in establishing buying plans that align with sales forecasts
- Work with marketing to ensure featured products are ordered, received and fully updated
- Work with warehouse Receiving Lead on short ships, damages, vendor mis - picks, when necessary
- Send new product info, pricing changes, catalogs, etc. to product team
Reporting and Analysis
- Create and update sales forecasts to determine inventory requirements
- Use historical data to prepare reports and make recommendations on seasonal buying
- Track sales and make recommendations on the discontinuation of slow sellers
- Associates Degree is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient in MS Office required – emphasis on Excel
- Purchasing and inventory experience required
- Extreme acute attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- A great team player attitude
- Salary based on experience
- Come spend part of your day in a fun, friendly, high energy environment!
- We’ll soon be moving to a newly built out space in Skokie
- Employee discount on our healthy products for home and family
- See more information about MightyNest and pictures of our space
Employment Contingent upon successful background check.