Operations | Evanston, IL | Full Time
MightyNest – Purchasing Coordinator
Location: Evanston, IL
Who We Are:
MightyNest.com is a socially conscious e-commerce company. We are a small, dedicated team that’s experiencing rapid growth and we are looking for a self-motivated, super organized, detail-oriented Purchasing Coordinator to assist the COO on a daily basis.
Who You Are:
You put the “A” in “Type A”. You eat Microsoft Excel for lunch. You are responsible and responsive. You enjoy identifying and implementing process improvements. You live for operational efficiencies. You are analytical and ask good questions. You are focused but can also shift gears when asked. You can’t wait to dig in and learn new warehouse and inventory management tools.
You will utilize sales forecasts to create and manage Purchase Orders (POs), track inventory shipments and receipts, work with vendors and accounting on invoices, mis-ships, vendor questions and continually look for ways to gain operational efficiencies.
You are comfortable filing paperwork, talking with vendors and collaborating with management.
Please include a cover letter summarizing your current work experience and what draws you to MightyNest.
What You Will Be Doing:
Own all POs from creation to invoicing and receiving.
- Utilize forecasts and buying plans to create and submit POs to vendors.
- Answer all inquiries from vendors on POs; adjust orders, update pricing, vendor contact info, etc.
- Follow up on late orders, backorders and mis-ships.
- Reconcile receiving issues such as short ships, damaged or missing merchandise; request and track credit when needed.
- Investigate and correct issues associated with mismatched invoices, POs, invoices, deliveries, shipping and receiving.
- Ensure accounting has invoices for all inventory purchases.
Collaborate across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Work with accounting on past due, missing and/or inaccurate invoices.
- Assist manager in establishing buying plans that align with sales forecasts.
- Work with marketing to ensure featured products are ordered, received and fully updated.
- Send new product info, pricing changes, catalogs, etc. to product team.
Reporting and Analysis
- Create and update sales forecasts to determine inventory requirements.
- Prepare reports using historical data to use for seasonal planning.
- Make informed recommendations regarding the discontinuation of slow sellers.
- Ultimately, track and manage inventory turnover rates.
- Associate’s Degree is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office required – emphasis on Excel
- Purchasing and inventory experience preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a dynamic, evolving environment
- Extreme attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- A resilient, “team player” attitude
- Annual salary $40,000 - $45,000, based on experience
- Work in a fun, friendly, buzzing environment
- We’ll soon be moving to a new location in Skokie
- Generous employee discount
- See more information about MightyNest and pictures of our space
Employment contingent upon successful background check.