Customer Service Manager
Operations | Evanston, IL | Full Time
Customer Service Manager
Are you a customer service professional looking for your next challenge? Do you have a passion for sustainable, green living? Do you pride yourself providing impeccable customer service, solving problems, finding solutions and helping others?
MightyNest.com is a mission-driven e-commerce company. We are a small but mighty team passionate about eco-friendly, healthy and mindful living. Our business is experiencing rapid growth and we are looking for a friendly, self-motivated, super organized Customer Service Manager with outstanding communication skills to join our expanding team.
The main responsibilities of the Customer Service Manager will be providing top notch customer service, developing and expanding CS processes and procedures, continuously looking for ways to improve the overall customer experience and customer engagement, while exemplifying patience and a communicative personality in all interactions. The ideal candidate is comfortable acting as both a Manager and Representative and will be responsible for managing and hiring customer service professionals as the business grows.
Must include a cover letter or brief statement as to why you are the ideal candidate for this position to be considered, along with salary history, requirements and references.
- Your most important role is leading and motivating a team to ensure they’re giving the best customer service possible
- Be able to listen effectively to find the root cause of issues, and communicate clearly and in a friendly way to solve the issue and keep the customer happy. When communicating over email or live chat, you will need to be able to write well, with correct grammar
- Develop service procedures, policies and standards
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
- Recruit, mentor and develop customer service representatives and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
- Process returns in a timely manner systemically and physically
- Work with customers to resolve shipping inquiries, lost or delayed packages and order status questions
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to research, troubleshoot, and assist customers with our site and products
- Continually maintain a working knowledge of products, services and promotions and keep all CS representatives informed as such
- Coordinate and follow up with other team members to ensure problem resolution
- Act as a liason to the product management and marketing teams to bring the Voice of the Customer to key strategic conversations
- Proactively suggest and implement ways to improve customer service
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- 2 years of customer service experience required
- 1 year of customer service or retail management experience required
- Exceptional level of interpersonal and communications skills (written & verbal), including the ability to listen and resolve problems in a professional manner
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, evolving environment
- A sense of urgency in all tasks
- Extreme acute attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- Strong computer knowledge; comfortable utilizing various systems and tools especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs
- A great team player attitude
- Experience working with ZenDesk and/or FreshDesk a plus!
- Hours are 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Salary based on experience
- Come spend part of your day in a fun, friendly, high energy environment!
- Beautiful sunlit warehouse space
- We’ll soon be moving to a newly built out space in Skokie
- Employee discount on our healthy products for home and family
- See more information about MightyNest and pictures of our space
Employment Contingent upon successful background check.