Event Management Intern
General | Shawnee, KS | Full Time, Part Time, and Internship
United States Specialty Sports Association (USSSA) is a multi-sport management and production company serving the entire U.S. Midwest Sports Productions is a local affiliate and is one of the largest tournament and event management companies in the Midwest. MSP manages 200+ events each year with 7000+ tournament entries. We host multiple sports events and range through both youth and adult sports including baseball, basketball, fastpitch softball,and slowpitch softball. The national website for USSSA is http://www.usssa.com/. The local website for Midwest Sports Productions is http://www.playmsp.com and our local phone number is 913-543-6116.
1. Communication via email, website, and social media with event participants
2. Answer phone calls pertaining to events
3. Take phone payments for events
4. Organize and manage event data and information
On-site Event Management
1. Event Set-up and Preparation at various venues
2. Assist in Team Check-in
3. Tournament Bracket updates at sites and on websites
4. Field maintenance and cleanup
5. Merchandise and supplies delivery
6. Assist in Trophy Presentations
7. Take photographs and document events
1. Create Marketing Emails and materials
2. Update social media outlets
1. Assist in organization of event merchandising
2. Prepare pre-sold materials
3. Prepare and ship website orders
4. Work on site in the point-of-sale merchandising operation .
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing a relevant major, such as Sports Management, Sports Marketing, Recreation & Parks Management, etc.
- Current GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 (Excel, Word, Power Point, Publisher).
- Experience with Social Media (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) is a plus, but not required.
- Comfortable, appropriate summer attire is acceptable. i.e. gym short,and tee-shirts