Research Administrative Assistant
Research | New York, NY
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Our aggressively funded research agenda is a core part of our strategy towards achieving this mission, and the development of this agenda and management of our research portfolio is driven by a team and advisors with both scientific and business expertise. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U.S. federal government, having funded $304 million in research projects globally in both academic and industry labs. In 2012, MJFF has a nearly $65 million annual revenue budget and 70 full-time employees. The Foundation funds research globally and works with donor constituents primarily in the United States. This position is an onsite position in New York City (near midtown area) office and is not conducive to telecommuting. Some travel may be required.
MJFF has an exciting opportunity available as a Research Administrative Assistant who will work closely with the Research Operation & Research Partnerships team providing administrative support. We are seeking someone who is high-energy, detailed oriented, and a self starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creation of short cuts of new grants
- Maintain Conference call response mailbox
- Coordination of Contracting materials
- Sending out of FTF collateral/give-aways requested by support groups, FTF Ambassadors, Community Partners, other PD orgs
- Sending out of PPMI collateral/give-aways to sites and for recruitment/retention salons
- Mailing of contracts and checks
- PPMI report tracking
- FTF site review project
- Basic formatting of Research decks
- Manual data upload of emails, Outlook contacts, spreadsheets, etc. into Database
- Updating & Removal of duplicate information
• Pro-active, self-directed, detail-oriented and organized professional
• Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to bring unique, innovative ideas to the team
• Possesses strong inter-personal skills
• Capacity to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Microsoft Office skills are required – Excel and Powerpoint a must
• Individual pursing a Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Business, Nonprofit Management or a related field is a plus
• Keen interest in or knowledge of the medical research enterprise, clinical trials, and/or patient experience in the health system is a plus
This position will report jointly to the Grants Administrator & Associate Director, Clinical Strategies. This is a Temporary position scheduled to last until year end. Our general business hours are 9am to 6pm.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest in the position to. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest in the position.
- Please, no telephone inquiries. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.