Digital Strategy Assistant
Marketing & Digital Strategy | New York, NY | Full Time
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Our aggressively funded research agenda is a core part of our strategy towards achieving this mission, and the development of this agenda and management of our research portfolio is driven by a team and advisors with both scientific and business expertise. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U.S. federal government, having funded over $300 million in research projects globally in both academic and industry labs. In 2012, MJFF has a nearly $65 million annual revenue budget and nearly 80 full-time employees. The Foundation funds research globally and works with donor constituents primarily in the United States. This position is an onsite position in New York City (near midtown area) office and is not conducive to telecommuting.
Within MJFF, Digital Strategy team is responsible for the Foundation’s online presence as well as developing technology tools to better serve the Foundation’s mission. Technology and digital media are core elements of the Foundation’s strategy to accelerate Parkinson’s research by engaging more widely with, and bringing together, the research community, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience online will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
The Digital Strategy Assistant offers a unique opportunity for a dedicated, technically capable, highly organized, detail oriented, relationship builder who can help support the various initiatives within the Digital Strategy team. Key qualities of an outstanding Assistant include strong organization skills, interpersonal skills, a self-starter, positive disposition, nuanced written and verbal communication skills, solid judgment, excellent time management skills as well as an innate sense of pace and urgency. Equally important is the ability to work productively and proactively, both independently and within a team environment.
- Conduct administrative duties such as data entry, data clean-up and running of reports through the CRM and Google Analytics to help facilitate team workflow and relationship management efforts across projects
- Assist the Digital Strategy team across assigned priority projects including:
- Content creation, including marketing copy and other short writing assignments, email creation and small graphic design projects (photo cropping/resizing) as needed
- Responding to incoming inquiries to the Foundation through social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Google+ and LinkedIn), ensuring timely and effective response as needed
- Updates to michaeljfox.org website through the Content Management System
- Quality Control (QC) process for various digital initiatives including new web site pages and marketing emails. Participate in defining, communicating and monitoring digital data standards across the organization
- Provide other general administrative support as needed
- Undergraduate degree required
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- At home in a team environment
Proficient Microsoft Office, web design (Photoshop, HTML and CSS) and administrative skills required
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest in the position.
- Please, no telephone inquiries. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
- Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.