Senior Project Manager
Construction | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
Meridian is a full service commercial developer of and provider of real estate services.
Meridian invests in medical and general office real estate assets between $10 - 50M throughout California. Meridian is able to develop, renovate or repurpose existing buildings to meet its clients’ needs from 7,000-SF to over 100,000-SF. Meridian has completed numerous retail properties, clinics and medical practices, and general office buildings. We also seek to enhance the value of underperforming and underutilized medical office buildings through a strategic acquisition strategy. Meridian is an affiliate of the Marcus & Millichap Company, the parent company of a diversified group of real estate companies in the commercial investment, service and development industry. For more information, please visit www.mpcca.com.
Job Description: The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for creating development estimates, coordinating construction drawings, meeting with clients and overseeing construction of new and/or rehab of healthcare, general office and retail facilities. More specifically, the position will manage and direct construction management activities, and act as liaison with architects, engineers, contractors and other consultants regarding project feasibility, cost, scheduling, change order management and completion of assigned projects. The position also requires involvement with design development, pre-construction, tenant coordination and “close out” of projects. The candidate must deliver positive results and assume accountability for delivering projects on approved schedule and on budget in order to maintain value and protect profitability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engages and coordinates civil and structural engineers, architects and general contractors in preparation and execution of project plans through completion
- Prepares project budgets including cost of permits and fees, third party consultants, and construction costs, such as off-site/site work, building shell, core, and interior improvements
- Prepares project schedules for entitlement, design, construction and delivery
- Works closely with Acquisition and Business Development team members to provide recommendations on how to enhance and improve building product and site configuration
- Provides site evaluation and due diligence including the hiring of consultants and evaluating/overseeing the entitlement process
- Hires architects and engineers to prepare plans and manages submittals for entitlements including both planning and building permit processing
- Prepares and negotiates construction bid amounts and contract terms.
- Coordinates and manages general contractors, conducts periodic field construction meetings and provides progress reports to the Company and/or client
- Assists in the preparation of entitlement packages, construction budgets and schedules for Investment Committee packages
- May perform other duties as required
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field is required
- This position requires a person with strong leadership skills and good financial/economic comprehension
- Candidate must have 10+ years experience with construction management of site work, building shells, interior improvements and infrastructure of single and multi-story commercial development
- Healthcare, office or retail related experience is preferred
- OSHPD experience is beneficial but not required
- Experience at managing multiple projects simultaneously while demonstrating an ability to maintain budget and schedule is essential
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities:
- Ability to supervise and manage 3-5 construction projects simultaneously
- Required to travel for client meetings, field construction meetings and inspections including processing planning and building permit applications
- This position may require occasional evening work, overnight trips and air travel
Other Important Data:
- Must reside within reasonable commuting distance to San Ramon, CA