Senior Construction Project Manager
Construction | Newport Beach, CA | Full Time
About the Company
Meridian is a full service commercial developer of and provider of real estate services.
Meridian invests in medical and general office real estate assets between $10 - 50M throughout California. Meridian is able to develop, renovate or repurpose existing buildings to meet its clients’ needs from 7,000-SF to over 100,000-SF. Meridian has completed numerous retail properties, clinics and medical practices, and general office buildings. We also seek to enhance the value of underperforming and underutilized medical office buildings through a strategic acquisition strategy. Meridian is an affiliate of the Marcus & Millichap Company, the parent company of a diversified group of real estate companies in the commercial investment, service and development industry. For more information, please visit www.mpcca.com.
Job Description: The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for creating development estimates, managing design to the approved budget, coordinating construction drawings, driving schedule, meeting with clients and overseeing construction of new and/or rehab of healthcare, general office and retail facilities. More specifically the position will manage and direct construction management activities, act as liaison with tenants, architects, engineers, contractors, 3rd party construction managers, and other consultants regarding project feasibility, cost, scheduling, change order management and completion of assigned projects. The position also requires involvement with entitlement processing, design development, preconstruction, tenant coordination and close out of projects. The candidate must deliver positive results and assume accountability for delivering projects on approved schedule and on budget in order to maintain value and protect profitability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engages and coordinates civil and structural engineers, architect and general contractor in preparation and execution of project plans through completion.
- Prepares project budget including cost of permits and fees, third party consultants, and construction costs including off-site, site work, building shell, core, and interior improvements.
- Prepares project schedules for entitlement, design, construction and delivery.
- Works closely with Acquisition and Business Development team members by providing recommendations on how to enhance and improve building product and site configuration.
- Provides site evaluation and due diligence including hiring consultants and evaluating/overseeing the entitlement process.
- Hires architects and engineers to prepare plans, controls scope of work to remain within established budget at the early stages of design, and manages submittals for entitlements including both planning and building permit processing.
- Prepares and negotiates construction bid amounts and contract terms.
- Coordinates and manages general contractors, conducts periodic field construction meetings and provides progress reports to the Company and/or client.
- Assists in the preparation of entitlement packages, construction budgets and schedules for investment committee packages.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities:
- Ability to supervise and manage 3 - 5 (medium to large size) construction projects simultaneously, while working on other projects that are in the conceptual pipeline stage.
Education, Experience, and Attributes:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, engineering or related field is required.
- Candidate must have 10+ years experience with construction management of site work, building shells, interior improvements and infrastructure of single and multi-story commercial development. Healthcare, office or retail related experience is preferred. OSHPD experience is beneficial.
- Experience with Existing Building Facilities Management, energy management, and HVAC Systems is not required but preferred.
- This position requires a person with strong leadership skills and good financial/economic comprehension.
- Experience at managing multiple projects simultaneously while demonstrating an ability to maintain budget and schedule is essential.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, high energy, have good follow up and tracking mechanisms, able to analyze risk and make quick decisions with limited information; must also be relationship and solution oriented.
- Required to travel for client meetings, field construction meetings and inspections including processing planning and building permit applications.
- May require occasional evening work, overnight trips and air travel.
Other Important Data:
- Must reside within reasonable commuting distance to San Ramon or Newport Beach, CA.