Construction | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
Meridian is a full-service real estate developer and investor specializing in high quality and brand enhancing developments in the healthcare and general office sectors throughout the Western United States. Our history has been built on the delivery of successful healthcare, general office, and retail projects, with a focus on healthcare, including more than 15 campuses and hundreds of buildings. To find out more about the company, visit https://mpcca.com/about-us.
Meridian is an affiliate of the Marcus & Millichap Company, the parent company of a diversified group of real estate companies in the commercial investment, service, and development industry.
Job Description: The Project Manager will be responsible for executing the development plan while maintaining budget and schedule. This position will be responsible for meeting with clients / users and overseeing construction of new and/or rehab of healthcare, retail, and general office facilities. More specifically the position will manage and direct construction management activities, act as liaison between client / users, and architects, engineers, contractors, 3rd party construction managers, and other consultants during the execution phase of a project. This position will also be responsible for tenant coordination during execution phase and close out of projects. This position will also be involved, keeping tabs on projects in entitlement, design, and pre-construction. The candidate must deliver positive results and assume accountability for delivering projects on approved schedule and on budget to maintain value and protect profitability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive execution of the projects, keeping them on schedule and on budget, while maintaining relationships with key vendors.
- Maintain top quality customer services with clients and/or occupiers.
- Engages and coordinates civil and structural engineers, architect and general contractor in preparation and execution of project plans through completion.
- Review and signoff on project budget including cost of permits and fees, third party consultants, and construction costs including off-site, site work, building shell, core, and interior improvements.
- Review and signoff on project schedules for construction and delivery.
- Works closely with pre-development team, Acquisition and Business Development team members providing recommendations on how to enhance and improve building and/or site configuration.
- Provides site evaluation and due diligence including hiring consultants and evaluating/overseeing the entitlement process.
- Prepare and negotiate construction bid amounts and contract terms.
- Coordinates and manages general contractors, conducts field construction meetings, and provides progress reports to the Company and/or client.
- Assists in the preparation of entitlement packages, construction budgets and schedules for investment committee packages, where necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities:
- Ability to supervise and manage 3-5 medium to large size construction projects simultaneously across multiple geographies, while working on other projects that are in the conceptual pipeline stage.
Education, Experience, and Attributes:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, engineering or related field is required.
- This position requires a person with strong leadership skills and good financial/economic comprehension.
- Candidate must have 5+ years’ experience with construction management of site work, building shells, subterranean and above grade parking structures, interior improvements, and infrastructure of single and multi-story commercial development. Healthcare or general office related experience is preferred. OSHPD experience is beneficial.
- Experience with Existing Building Facilities Management, energy management, and HVAC Systems is not required but preferred.
- Experience at managing multiple projects simultaneously while demonstrating an ability to maintain budget and schedule is essential.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, high energy, have good follow up and tracking mechanisms, able to analyze risk and make quick decisions with limited information, must be relationship and solution oriented.
- Candidate must be task organized, detail-minded, self-motivated, and technically strong on in field construction methodology/quality control/different types of construction.
- Experience and knowledge of Guaranteed Maximum Price (with or without Savings Participation) and Stipulated Lump Sum Contracts.
- Required to travel for client meetings, field construction meetings and inspections including processing planning and building permit applications.
- May require occasional evening work, overnight trips, and air travel.
Other Important Data:
- Must reside within reasonable commuting distance to San Ramon, CA.