Construction | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
Meridian is a full service commercial developer of and provider of real estate services.
Meridian invests in medical and general office real estate assets between $10 - 50M throughout California. Meridian is able to develop, renovate or repurpose existing buildings to meet its clients’ needs from 7,000-SF to over 100,000-SF. Meridian has completed numerous retail properties, clinics and medical practices, and general office buildings. We also seek to enhance the value of underperforming and underutilized medical office buildings through a strategic acquisition strategy. Meridian is an affiliate of the Marcus & Millichap Company, the parent company of a diversified group of real estate companies in the commercial investment, service and development industry. For more information, please visit www.mpcca.com.
Job Description: The Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing support throughout the duration of construction for each assigned project.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- A/P research as required to respond to vendor inquires and/or variances on statements
- Pay application review for completeness, including; lien releases, insurance and/or change orders, then route for approvals
- Retention release complete checklist requirements
- Track contractor insurance on spreadsheet
- Archive project files after the 12 month warranty period (develop & maintain a system)
- Drawing management; for example, make sure the most current copies are in the rack and archive as-built drawings (develop & maintain a system)
- BPS point of contact – dropping off and picking up as needed
- File all RFIs
- Organize/file/archive project progress photos
Project Compliance / Administration:
- Builders’ Risk Quarterly Policy Updates
- Builders’ Risk Underwriting Information to our Insurance Broker
- Lender due diligence documentation requirements (GC contracts, assignments, etc.)
- Coordinate Loan Administration with Lender, such as loan draws, documents for construction loan review, Lender correspondence, Bank inspectors, etc.
- Coordinate escrows, including timelines, purchase contracts, PSA amendments, extensions, deposits, wire requests, etc.
- Maintain the Project Binder (updated schedule, variance reports, marketing, relevant information) and a “checklist”
- Issue / receive / distribute / review /scan contracts, change orders, etc.
- Work with Legal on administrative changes to contracts
- Coordinate installation of MPOE and alarm services at each project
- Coordinate power & water service for each project
- Coordinate T-1 line contracts
- Maintain project team list/contact information
- File Notice of Completion with County Recorder
- Organize submittal packages for contractors and consultants
- Parcel maps; route documents for signature and payments
- Set up and/or cancellation of on-site security, including obtaining bids
- Set up and coordination of mail service for each project
- Work with Legal on recordation of easements
- Organize/maintain project “close out” packages to include O&M and warranty letters
- Assist Project Manager in obtaining bids
- Record minutes for all Construction meetings
- Compose and/or file all Construction correspondence, contracts, change orders, etc.
- Special projects and/or other tasks assigned by Supervisor
- Track bonds and follow up to ensure they are released timely
- Assist in getting condo maps recorded
- Schedule 11 month follow up inspections
- May perform other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3-5 years experience with commercial construction administration
- High energy individual adept at working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge of computer systems principles and procedures including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and other relevant software
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities:
- None at this time
Other Important Data:
- Must reside within reasonable commuting distance to San Ramon, CA