Software Development Sr Project Manager 1305291
Project Management | Washington, DC
Senior Project Manager
Metro DC Area
Seeking an experienced, energetic, creative and dedicated Project Manager. The candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of practical experience in project management and Information Technology (IT) systems management. This individual will be responsible for the comprehensive execution of projects from concept to completion. This includes front end planning and definition to translate requirements into project scope, budget information collection, planning and implementation strategy.
Candidate must have a solid understanding of project management, tools and concepts needed to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects, and the knowledge and social skills needed to lead diverse and dynamic teams.
- Develop and track project plans that identify timelines, deliverables, required resources, and budget.
- Develop and track project progress reports, proposals, assist with requirement documentation and executive status reports.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project and project team or escalate as required.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential conflicts, devise contingency plans and escalate to management.
- As needed conduct project post mortems and create recommendations on lessons learned for unsuccessful projects.
- Have strong Agile software development experience; ScrumMaster certification is preferred to ensure ability to manage within the diverse environment.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including business managers and engineers to establish consensus around architectural solutions, define high level and detailed requirements, and deliver projects successfully.
- Ability to perform project management risk analysis and provide progress reports through weekly and executive management reporting.
- Must have background in developing presentation, strong communication (oral and written) skills, interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Strong understanding of Project Life Cycle methodologies and System Development Life Cycles
- Strong understanding of architecture, design & implementation of technical solutions required
- Excellent client service attitude and team focus
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills with internal/external customers and various audiences
- Ability to present complex information to individuals and small groups
- Exceptional organizational, conceptual and analytical skills
- Project Management experience for large scale Data Centers is preferred
- Must have traditional project management skill set including the ability to build schedules, create and manage issue and risk logs, manage project financials, manage scope change requests, etc.
- Successful experience managing multi-million dollar projects and budgets
- 10+ years Project Management and IT experience required
- C-Level interaction experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products including MS Project is required
- Practical experience with requirements and test case development
- Prior experience in network/system administration is a plus
- Prior experience in IP Telephony/VoIP is a plus
- Prior experience with software development projects is a must
- Strong Agile software development experience
PMP certification is required
ScrumMaster certification a plus
ITIL certification is a plus
Please include pay rate requirements