Installation and Repair Supervisor-I&R Supervisor-1307191
Information Technology | Fairmont, WV
Installation and Repair Supervisor 1307191
West Virginia area
- Supervise a crew of Installation and Repair technicians responsible for installing new telephone and DSL service as well as the maintenance and repair of existing telephone and high-speed Internet service. Supervisors are required to meet the Company practices and quality standards (including outside facilities, frame and cross box and inside wire).
- Supervision of crews performing installation, trouble shooting and repair of DSL up to and including the loading of the software on the PC and setting up Email, web browsing, etc.
- Oversee the installation and repair of digital subscriber carrier, key systems, special circuits, full data, FX and possibly PBX, TLS (now called Metro E) circuits meeting Company practices and quality standards
- Ensure technicians utilize appropriate test equipment for trouble shooting POTS and DSL
- Ensure Technicians utilize safety practices as required by Federal, State and Company standards.
- Must perform any other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Competencies
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must provide own work vehicle
- Travel as required
- Must be physically fit to perform job
- Must be able to work shifts, days, nights, evenings (depending on tour selection) and work overtime and emergency call outs
- Must be able to learn new technologies and provide I&R techs with appropriate training
- Must be able to perform basic splicing
- Must be able to work when needed and in all types of weather
- Must inter act with work forces to coordinate and disseminate information to complete job assignments and with other sections to attain Company service objectives
- Must maintain a professional image
- Must support and participate in promotion of Company products
- Must have telecommunications wiring color-code competency
- Must be able to perform basic I&R functions and be familiar with digital carrier and data communications
- Must have good oral and written communications skills
- Must have understanding of Basic Electricity
- Must have working computer knowledge in a Windows environment, show that you can log on, log off, use Windows and get job assignments, sign off jobs, and do timesheets using Company provided programs with Company provided training by the end of the qualifying period
- Must be able to work under pressure, handle stress and follow directions
- Must be physically able to perform duties of the job to include:
- Lifting tools and ladders.
- Set up ladder on house, pole and cable and climb to working height.
- Work in confined spaces.
- Climb pole using only climbers hooks to cable height after Company provided training
- Order all necessary materials and supplies
Four (4) plus years experience in supervising telecommunications installation & repair crews
High school diploma or equivalent
Six years of installation & repair work or equivalent trade or Military experience
Additional equipment certification/licensing as applicable to the specific work assignment