EVO Underwriting | Portland, ME | Full Time
This position will be with EVO Payments International, the parent company of Sterling Payments Technologies and located in Portland, ME
The Underwriter is responsible for reviewing credit applications for merchant credit card processing accounts and assessing the risk associated with those applications for approval or decline.
• Review accounts for proper documentation and approve or decline based upon Underwriting policies, guidelines and standards.
• Gather and assess relevant information about the applicant’s business and credit history.
• Evaluate application fraud and identity theft risks.
• Document and summarize merchant application reviews for management.
• Complete merchant application reviews within acceptable time-frames.
• Communicate decisions and/or information to customers and agents in a professional manner.
• Provide appropriate communication to agents, customers or vendors in a timely manner.
• Work with internal departments to ensure a high level of support for the customer.
• Perform related projects and duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent with previous work related experience; Associates’ degree in business or related discipline plus prior experience in the consumer or commercial credit analysis field preferred.
• Knowledge of credit risk management principles, tools, and strategies.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently, but with a team focus.
• Effective communications and interpersonal skills.
• A strong customer service focus and meticulous attention to detail.
• Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with limited supervision.
• Strong analytical and organizational skill.
• Ability to establish priorities and meet performance standards.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to render sound business recommendations.
• Good follow-through skills and ability to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Must be able to pass background check.