Tech Support - POS Systems
EVO Tech Support | Addison, TX | Full Time
This position is with EVO Payments International, the parent company of Sterling Payments Technologies and located in Dallas, Texas
Working closely with Head of Products, provide effective maintenance, distribute updates to active projects, and log all progress. While maintaining production systems, provide support for incoming technical requests to all internal and external EVO customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs. Ensure the highest level of communication and timeliness of responses thus building long term relationships within the company and with the clients. Utilize internal systems to research, assist and document technical/end-user issues and requests. Document and maintain position processes. Maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS AND FUNCTIONS
•Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
• High School or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of technical support, preferably in the credit card industry, or other service related industry. Degree is a plus, but work experience is more important.
• Experience in general knowledge of Information Technology and capable of learning new skills frequently.
• Knowledge of electronic payment processing (Visa/MasterCard/AMEX/Discover) and related regulations a plus.
• Demonstrate a professional manner at all times.
• Possess telephone etiquette skills associated with a professional environment.
• Strong problem solving skills with technical troubleshooting ability.
• Good data entry skills and ability to navigate among multiple systems.
• Attention to accuracy and detail in processing information.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Possess excellent professional oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to download and troubleshoot POS terminals.
• General knowledge of company processes, standards, products and programs a plus.
• General understanding of the life cycle of a transaction (i.e., terminal/front end/back end).
• General knowledge of all related front-end processors and setup a plus
• General card processing knowledge (i.e. terminal types, industry types, front ends, back ends, etc.).
• Good follow-through skills and ability to resolve issues in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and follow-up.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
• Competent in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office). Ability to apply this competency to internal systems.
• Adhering to established company and department guidelines.
• On-the-job training for internal systems.
• Responsible for logging detailed notes related to all projects.
• Train/educate internal teams on certain compliance policies and procedures in accordance with PCI.
• Ensure all technical related issues have been addressed and none go unanswered.
• Handle escalated technical requests from other technical support team members as needed.
• Learn and run thorough test cases for the purpose of certifying UI/UX.
• Assist 3rd parties in performing downloads to perform certification testing.
• Process department requests in accordance to established department policies and procedures.
• Work with Purchasing/Deployment and vendors to acquire hardware for testing. Maintain Inventory of test equipment.
• Provide internal staff with complete procedures/guides for using systems.
• Work closely with other departments to resolve issues.
• Work closely with the other offices to resolve or clarify outstanding requests or updates.
• Escalate issues when necessary to manager.
• Provide timely feedback regarding service/system failures and project status updates.
• Document and maintain position processes to help ensure position continuity.
• Assist in providing support to EVO employees in the absence of Manager.
• Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
• Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA).