EVO IT Systems Admin. & Infrastructure | Addison, TX | Full Time
The Systems Administrator is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our internal customers as it relates to all technology, to include but not limited to: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software; for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the Information Technology group. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards. Maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external customers.
• High School or equivalent experience and 3 to 5 years of Systems Administrator work experience in banking or finance industry; credit card processing preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science generally preferred. MCP, MCSE, or equivalent certification required.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems 2003 and 2008.
• Advanced knowledge of Linux (Preferably Red Hat) operating system administration and multi-tier application production operations preferred.
• Strong Microsoft Active Directory and domain management skills and demonstrated capability designing the Active Directory schema.
• Wi-Fi (802.11x) experience in an Office environment.
• Experience with some, but not limited to the following hardware and software products - Microsoft Exchange, Raritan, Microsoft Active Directory, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Servers, Symantec Data Loss Prevention, TripWire, Lumension, Trustwave Security, Syncsort, Desktop Computers and Peripherals, Mailscape, Imperva, Microsoft Office Suite 2010, Printers, Palo Alto, Solarwinds, NetApp Admin, Symantec SEP, NetApp vFiler, Tidal, VMWare SRM,Vormetric, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Cisco UCS Manager / Blades, Web Domains.
• Strong technical experience in a Windows networking and server support environment.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong professional oral and written communications skills.
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Good understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide outstanding IT services.
• Good data entry skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
• Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with team and customers.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• High energy, enthusiastic and proactive self-starter.
• Aptitude to work under pressure and be highly adaptable.
• Capable of determining accurate timelines and deliverables.
• Strong service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
• Proficient in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite).
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop, contribute to and maintain installation and configuration procedures and standards.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
• Identify approaches that leverage our existing resources and provide economies of scale.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Create and set up user accounts, permissions and passwords, and change, and delete user accounts as requested.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted parties.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment and ensure the most cost-effective and efficient use of servers.
• Suggest and provide IT solutions to business and management problems.
• Ensure that all it equipment complies with industry standards.
• Create and execute project plans for IT projects that are assigned.
• Monitor the use of the web by employees.
• Manage email, anti-spam and virus protection.
• Provide training and technical support for users with varying levels of it knowledge and competence.
• Work closely with other departments/organizations and collaborating with other IT staff.
• Set up workstations to include OS and software installation; Domain Organizational Unit Administration to include adding equipment and users to the domain.
• Identify tests and install patches, service packs and security upgrades for Linux, and Windows servers.
• Responsible for server backup and recovery.
• Provide Help Desk backup support as needed, and support Citrix access for all users.
• Provide technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
• Provide remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
• Communicate with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
• Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
• Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA).
• Adhere to privacy; confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
• Perform related projects and duties as assigned.