Support Services Associate
Client Services | Tampa, FL | Full Time
Sterling Payment Technologies provides point of sale payment technology and electronic transaction processing services to merchants nationwide. Sales are made through our network of Sales Partners including Sales Agents, POS Resellers, POS Integrators, Associations and Agent/Community Banks. The Support Services Associate’s role is to provide a consistent high level of quality service to our Sales Partners calling into the call center.
1. Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats with peers and customers, internal and external.
2. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and projects, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
3. Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners, and vendors.
4. Ability to resolve specific client issues under tight time constraints.
5. Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays and overtime as needed.
6. Ability to understand and maintain knowledge of relevant product offering, current support policies and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
7. Ability to handle confidential material appropriately.
1. Answer calls, emails, faxes, and internal work orders in a queue based setting and in accordance with service level expectations.
2. Phone merchants, agents, partners, and other company related entities in accordance with policy and procedures.
3. Prepare and QA including but not limited to merchant processing applications, inbound & outbound shipping requests, welcome kits, and orders for Sterling products.
4. Respond to, follow-up, and complete requested assignments in an effective and ongoing manner.
5. Run and analyze daily and weekly reports via proprietary systems, exporting reports to spreadsheets and emailing as needed.
6. Maintain electronic and physical files.
7. Consistently meet benchmark performance standards and take initiative to exceed expectations as documented in the call performance script and appraisal standards.
8. Log interactions, which include calls, emails, fax, and maintenance queue, using detailed, specific and professional remarks in internal systems.
9. Apply quick and creative thinking.
10. Attend trainings and maintain a thorough knowledge of all processes, procedures and information that affect / impact the department and company as a whole, included but not limited to card industry regulations, interchange, dues and assessments, and PCI-DSS and PA-DSS compliance.
11. Understand Sales Partner’s business and in conjunction with the partner’s line of business, educate partner on Sterling’s innovative product offerings, agent friendly tools and marketing collateral located in SNAP in order to win agent’s business.
12. Work with Sales Partner and internal teams, such as Strategic Programs, to validate pricing options and offer guidance on potential merchant accounts.
13. Work closely with management to offer feedback regarding service and training needs of the various sales organizations.
14. Navigate multiple screens and databases to research merchant issues, reconciliation of merchant statements & other data, and provide updates to agents, partners, and/or merchants.
15. Function as backup/overflow for Merchant Services and Technical Support departments.
16. Document and escalate Sales Partner and merchant related requirements as needed.
17. Demonstrate flexibility to change and offer input to improve self and team efficiency as related to job processes and procedures.
18. Provide on the job mentoring to new employees and team members at the direction of Support Services Manager.
19. Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned by management.
20. Escalate issues, as necessary, to management on duty.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. All applicants must pass a drug test, background check, and credit evaluation.
2. Credit card experience in the acquiring or issuing industries preferred.
3. Merchant Services/Customer Service experience in the card acquiring industry preferred.
4. Effective knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
5. High School diploma required.
6. Minimum of 1 year of college or equivalent work experience preferred but not required.
7. Minimum of 1 year call center experience.
8. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time, wear a headset, look at a computer monitor and utilize a company approved keyboard.
9. Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed for support, training and/or conversions.
10. Utilize effective time management skills, work effectively under pressure and set personal deadlines, while working with limited supervision.
11. Proficient skills in Internet Knowledge/Base navigation, telephone, facsimile, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment.
12. Experience with POS debit and credit terminal hardware and software preferred.
13. Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making skills.
14. Meet acceptable attendance and performance standards.