Software Engineer - Platform
EVO SNAP | Denver, CO | Full Time
This position is with EVO Payments International, the parent company of Sterling Payments Technologies and located in Denver, CO.
The Software Engineer is responsible for developing and enhancing the EVO Snap* payments platform. This position is responsible for working with and enhancing the code relating to back-end service adaptors and the code generator. Responsibilities include: developing core platform features and services, service adaptors to connect the EVO Snap* payments platform with back-end service providers and value-added services, troubleshooting connection issues, adhering to coding standards, performing code/security reviews and creating detailed design documents.
• Analyze connection requirements, provide feedback, create detailed design specifications and perform required design work.
• Review code and perform unit, functional and integrated testing to ensure quality standards are attained.
• Attend design review meetings to assist in identifying design issues and programming methods that will improve work productivity and product quality.
• Communicate with coworkers, quality assurance staff and documentation staff to clarify program design details, exchange and verify information, and coordinate work activities.
Minimum Position Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent experience with prior related work experience; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred.
• 5 years of software development, programming and analytical experience.
• Working knowledge of data normalization techniques.
• 5 years of relational database work experience.
• Ability to analyze requirement, provide feedback, create detailed design specifications and perform required design work.
• Strong working knowledge of C# preferred.
• Ability to analyze and recommend solutions to programming issues, defects and bugs as assigned or encountered.
• Working knowledge of Active MQ, MSMQ, Java, ASP.Net, and web services preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
• Effective communications and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently, but with a team focus.
• Must be able to pass background and credit checks.