Senior Product Quality Assurance (QA) Tester
Product Management | Tampa, FL | Full Time
This full-time position is primarily a technical testing role working with an integrated team of product managers and software developers. The primary objective for this candidate will be to prepare for and execute project conformance and regression testing of merchant payment processing software for new and enhanced products and services. Accordingly, this position requires the identification, communication and tracking of defects through successful remediation.
- Support the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) through collaborative efforts during requirements, development, validation and product rollout.
- Analyze requirements and transform them into manual and automated test suites.
- Perform technical testing including project conformance testing, regression (system) testing, performance testing and benchmarking.
- Research defects including technical logs, websites and databases, to yield robust defect documentation.
- Ad hoc assignments are directed.
- Review, analyze and contribute to business, functional and technical requirements definition.
- Develop level of effort estimates.
- Develop test plans.
- Identify and analyze test scenarios. Develop test project conformance and regression scripts/suites.
- Automate test scripts.
- Test execution in both manual and automated fashion.
- Defect identification, research, detailed documentation and collaboration with product management and software development.
- Provide daily statistical and written updates of testing progress.
- Escalate to leadership any unresolved issues in a timely manner.
- Knowledge sharing to support business operations and sales efforts.
- Provide solutions and recommendations to policies, procedures and projects in a professional manner that aligns with the department’s strategies and goals.
- Provide weekly status reports; discuss with management.
- Participate in department meetings as assigned.
- Complete miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in an IT related field
- 2-5 years testing experience and support of a full SDLC, preferably in the Financial Services industry or testing of accounting software
- Develop automated test scripts/suites using SmartBear, HP or Microsoft testing tools
- Knowledge and prior use of SQL, XML and Java
- Experience with balancing reports and the use of Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Time management so that deadlines are met and issues escalated in a timely manner
- Analytics of business and system requirements
- Risk mitigation and issue resolution skills