Senior Payroll Manager
EVO Compensation and Benefits | Atlanta, GA | Full Time
This position is with EVO Payments International, the parent company of Sterling Payments Technologies, located in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Senior Payroll Manager oversees all functional areas of payroll processing, including maintaining payroll and time and attendance systems for the company in multiple states and ensuring efficient and accurate payroll runs. Works with accounting and finance to provide required reporting. Assists employees with any payroll related issues; verifies totals, responds to/resolves employees’ questions and problems and delivers quality customer service. Participates in all payroll best practice audits and controls; certifies completion and all discrepancies are resolved. Ensures payroll documents and/or files are secured at all time.
- Manage and ensure accurate bi-weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll for all employees and executive payroll.
- Process biweekly Sales commission and or bonus checks once approved as required by company.
- Ensure adjustments are processed in accordance to company practices and in compliance with federal and/or state laws.
- Manage the payroll, PTO and time and attendance system as needed (i.e. adding pay codes, adding departments, partnering with the payroll vendor for any updates/revisions, etc.).
- Perform the payroll general ledger entry for accounting to review.
- Participate and manage year-end activities to ensure W2, ACA forms and regulatory year-end filings are complete timely and accurately.
- Create and maintain spreadsheet for FSA and HSA contributions and forward to Benefits.
- Ensure accuracy of the set-up of wage garnishments in accordance to legal requirements
- Contact and provide employee copy of garnishment notice and communicate confidentially to the employee the legal obligation of the company and the pay period that the deduction will begin.
- Participate in the 401(k) year-end valuation and annual audit preparation ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Partner with the Accounting department in the payroll month-end, quarterly and year-end reconciliations. Research any discrepancies found on an as needed basis.
- Interpret company policy and government regulations that affect payroll to ensure compliance of payroll policies and procedures (i.e. IRS bonus tax, legal document for name change, W-4 and W-2, etc.).
- Generate worker’s compensation census report for annual renewal to include all participating locations
- Conform with and abide by all federal, state, local regulations, EVO’s Corporate Policies and Procedures, and instructions.
- Adhere to privacy; confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Perform related projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field with a minimum of 5 plus years managing payroll for a large multi-state company.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or similar certification required.
- Working knowledge of payroll tax, garnishment and escheatment regulations processes and issue resolution required.
- Familiarity with Canadian payroll requirements preferable
- Ability to write, adhere to and enforce payroll policies and procedures, best practice audits, controls, and reconciliation.
- Ability to understand the overlap and intersection with human resources, accounting, finance, treasury and benefits
- Strong working knowledge of HR practices and policies.
- Understanding of all applicable state and federal regulations required (i.e., DOL, FLSA, EEOC, ADA, OSHA, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with employees and managers on all payroll issues including PTO
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills with a dedication to respond to issues quickly and thoroughly.
- Strong ability to multi-task and project manage in a timely and professional manner and prioritize daily work load.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and create strong trust and credibility with your internal and external partners.
- Proficiency in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office, Payroll/Time & Attendance, HRIS, etc.). With heavy experience in excel, metrics and reporting. Carry out intricate analysis of queries from executive management, and summarizing trends.
- Strong preference for Ceridian Dayforce, WFM and Reporting experience