Senior Accountant I
EVO Corporate Accounting | Melville, NY | Full Time
This position is with EVO Payments International, the parent company of Sterling Payments Technologies and located in Melville, NY.
With minimal supervision, participate in a wide range of intermediate accounting activities such as producing timely and accurate financial statements, ensuring records are in accordance with company and department standards. Participate in the preparation and execution of month-end schedules and financial reports, and prepare process and/or review a wide array of month-end reports, bookkeeping and journal entries. Document and maintain position processes. Promote and maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field and at least 3 years’ of experience in accounting, finance or related environment; credit card processing industry a plus.
• MBA, and/or CPA is a plus.
• Practical knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Basic mathematical skills including calculation of ratios, compounding interest, depreciation, accruals, etc.
• Detailed-oriented and has the ability to manage multiple projects.
• Attention to accuracy and detail in processing information.
• Must have a positive attitude, strong customer service skills and good work ethics.
• Excellent follow-through skills and ability to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with team and customers.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of operations and senior management.
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
• Good oral and written communication skills are necessary.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
• Advanced level knowledge or various functions in MS Excel. (Any Excel features required – pivot tables, etc.)
• Competent in other Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office), etc. Great Plains, MIDAS and Beacon a plus.
• Perform timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities, general ledger entries, and preparing financial statements for multiple entities.
• Establish, interpret and analyze accounting records including general accounting or budget data.
• Maintain integrity of balance sheet accounts through review of account activity and balances for accuracy and reasonableness and prepare adequate supporting audit schedules for multiple entities.
• Maintain responsibility for all accounting work necessary to insure accounts payable, accounts receivable and other current assets for multiple entities are processed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintain responsibility for all accounting work necessary to insure Intercompany transactions regarding accounts payable, accounts receivable and other transactions on a global basis are processed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Understand and work through functional currency translation and re-measurement.
• Reconcile vendor/customer statements, research and correct any discrepancies as appropriate.
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Ensure that all vendor/customer invoices and employee reimbursements are processed in a timely manner based on established policies and procedures.
• Analyze invoices for accuracy and approval based on Finance Policies and Procedures.
• Establish exceptional customer service to vendors, customers and internal employees.
• Participate in preparation of annual 1099 tax filings.
• Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
• Assist in the preparation and execution of financial schedules and analyses.
• Assist in the preparation of tax-related schedules and projects as well as complete sales and use tax returns on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Assist with developing the staff Accountants’ careers.
• Assist with the training and development of the Accounting staff.
• Conduct initial internal control evaluations of the Company and its affiliates.
• Conduct financial audits of the Company and its affiliates.
• Meet or exceed established department performance metrics
• Keep abreast, through continuing education of changes, new technologies in the field of finance and accounting, etc.
• Document and maintain position processes to help ensure position continuity and for reference in the performance management process.
• Open and read email on a daily basis.
• Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
• Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA).
• Adhere to privacy; confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
• Perform related projects and duties as assigned.