EVO Risk | Portland, ME | Full Time
The Risk Analyst’s role is to: help control the company’s exposure to merchant risk, help minimize the merchant’s exposure, and protect the consumer against credit card fraud that occurs from the processing of credit card transactions through EVO Payments International. Credit or data analysis is used to track and monitor EVO’s merchant base to minimize loss to the company; and to protect our business, the merchant's business, and the consumer against credit card fraud.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Monitor merchant daily activity for parameter violations.
• Communicate with card issuing banks, merchants and cardholders to validate credit card transactions and manage reserve accounts.
• Identify and analyze potential fraud transactions, trends and violations of Visa and MasterCard rules and regulations.
• Perform cost absorption analysis on merchants to determine their ability to cover normal return and chargeback activity.
• Maintain up to date industry knowledge, specifically fraud trends.
• High school diploma or equivalent experience and 3 years’ experience working in financial services, credit analysis, risk management or credit card industry; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Effective communications and interpersonal skills.
• A strong customer service focus and meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, but with a team focus.
• Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of risk and underwriting concepts and methodologies.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment with limited supervision.
• Working knowledge of MasterCard and Visa card regulations helpful.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to establish priorities and meet objectives.
• Good follow-through skills and ability to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Ability to analyze financial and transaction history information to make sound decisions.