Quality Assurance Analyst II
EVO IT Development | Morristown, NJ | Full Time
This position will be with EVO Payments International, the parent company of Sterling Payments Technologies and located in Melville, NY.
Under minimum supervision, this position is responsible for designing test plans for the purpose of executing and debugging test cases
and scripts. Additionally, the analyst must document and track system features and defects completing all required QA testing as set forth in the project deliverables. Promote and maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external customers.
• High School or equivalent experience and a minimum of 3 to 5 years of related QA experience in a technology environment; writing formal test cases and executing software test scripts. Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or closely related discipline preferred. Certificate of Quality Assurance Analyst (CSTA) plus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Programming .NET experience preferred.
• Basic understanding of major business principles, processes and technologies.
• Good understanding of QA methodologies, testing techniques and software development lifecycles (SDLC process).
• Good understanding of the fundamentals of systems analysis and design.
• Experience in both manual and use of automated tools (i.e. QTP, etc.) and knowledge of version control systems.
• Experience in creating and deriving automated test scripts from manual test cases.
• Experience in testing web based and client server applications.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills focusing on QA test process and its relationship to producing a quality end product.
• Ability to communicate test results
• Good interpersonal and team skills.
• Attention to accuracy and detail in processing information.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to establish priorities, work collaboratively, and meet objectives.
• Must have a positive attitude and strong customer service skills.
• Creative, self-motivated with good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
• Competent in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office). Internal/external systems; MIDAS, Esafe, New Risk System, EVO’s website (goevo.com), Merchant Trac., Agent Trac., E statement download.com, CANADA, Canadian Applications, Customer Service Portal, etc.
• Write and perform manual and automated Quality Assurance testing against published software builds for business projects.
• Create and update test plans and test cases including the review of the test environment, matching test data to that environment as well as analyze failure/success of automated scripts and make modifications as required.
• Utilize documented test cases to perform tests on application software.
• Provide feedback to project team on the current status of the modifications and enhancements being tested.
• Report identified issues through defect tracking tools like JIRA, Ontime, Test Trac, etc. to developers.
• Provide a weekly status report to the Quality Assurance Supervisor, which will include status of projects, statistics, severity of issues, estimated timelines, etc.
• Investigate problems and provide suggestive solutions to the Quality Assurance Supervisor to correct the issues.
• Perform functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, negative testing, user acceptance testing, smoke or sanity testing, on modifications and enhancements prior to production releases.
• Develop functional expertise on multiple systems supported by the QA team.
• Attend design review and user meetings as required.
• Review business requirement, user interface specifications and design documents as assigned by the Supervisor.
• Ensure reusability of test cases/scripts so as to build Regression Suite for future testing efforts.
• Work as a project team member – cooperating, sharing knowledge, and collaborating effectively to achieve the objectives and target dates for a given initiative.
• Attend training to improve industry knowledge and overall skills.
• Identify, analyze, and document defects, errors, and inconsistencies in application, outputs, online screens and content.
• Adhere to privacy confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
• Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
• Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA)
• Perform related projects and duties as assigned.