EVO SNAP | Denver, CO | Full Time
This position will be with EVO Payments International, the parent company of Sterling Payments Technologies and located in Denver, CO.
This role plays a key part in testing the EVO Snap* web, platform and integration products. As a member of the QA team, you will work closely with the QA Manager and team members to review functional requirements and user stories from business partners; design test plans, write test cases, oversee test strategies and perform testing for assigned applications. The QA Engineer will submit and verify defects, maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and troubleshooting of EVO Snap* software and analyze test results to validate existing functionality. Testing activities will include functional and nonfunctional, manual and automated, integration and regression testing.
• Review requirements, design documents, and business use cases to develop meaningful test plans and test cases; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems
• Work closely with developers and analysts to prioritize and coordinate testing efforts
• Identify, record, and thoroughly document defects
• Perform regression testing for assigned applications for each release
• Design, create and maintain test automation scripts when applicable
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or relevant experience
• Experience in software quality assurance
• Strong knowledge of the software QA methodologies, tools and processes
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience with Angular web frameworks
• Strong technical knowledge on API and SDK consumption and usage
• Experience with tools for testing and validating APIs such as SOAPUI, SOAtest, Postman, or other equivalent tools
• Knowledge of black box and grey box testing methodologies
• Experience conducting load/performance/volume testing.
• Experience with TFS or other issue/project tracking software
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to proactively communicate with team
• Strong sense of independence and ability to absorb new information
• Ability to multi-task and switch priorities in a fast paced environment