Manager of International Tax
EVO Corporate Accounting | Atlanta, GA | Full Time
This position is with EVO Payments International, the parent company of Sterling Payments Technologies and located in Atlanta, GA.
Responsible for managing, directing and reviewing results of tax compliance and audits of all non-U.S. legal entities and affiliates of EVO Payments International, LLC. Ensure that EVO Payments International’s tax affairs are in compliance with federal, state, local and/or foreign tax laws. Organize and lead tax audits with the assistance of staff members. Assist with M&A activity related to all international tax expansion efforts. Manage and/or assist in the preparation of the ASC 740 Tax Provision, FIN 48 documentation, Transfer Pricing Studies and SOX documentation with regards to non-U.S. legal entities and inter-company transactions. Maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Tax with a minimum of 7 to 10 years working experience with Big 4 accounting firms and/or a tax department. Experience in the Credit Card Industry is a plus, but not required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Master of Science in Tax required.
- Strong international tax systems and treaties experience and understanding of US GAAP and IFRS accounting rules.
- Experience with partnership returns, tax basis allocations and reporting, waterfall arrangements, K-1s and operating agreements.
- Experience with M&A transactions, from due diligence to acquisition structure.
- Must be a critical thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to write technical tax memos and explain complex tax issues to non-tax personnel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, capable of handling multiple tasks.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with accounting for income taxes, including impact of strategies and transactions on company’s effective tax rate.
- Attention to accuracy and detail in processing information.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Competent in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office).
- Direct and support special projects such as tax planning, restructuring, tax incentive and international tax filings, and perform tax research and advise business partners on global tax positions.
- Oversee VAT policies and processes as well as reviewing the financial accounting of VAT.
- Maintain transfer pricing policies, inter-company agreements and customs related issues while teaming with Accounting and Legal
- Department personnel.
- Work closely with domestic and foreign local accounting and business departments to ensure information for tax compliance is obtained accurately and efficiently.
- Collaborate with EVO’s Treasury Department to estimate and monitor annual cash taxes and distributions, and provide essential documentation and analysis.
- Thorough experience and understanding of quarterly and annual tax accounting requirements in accordance with ASC 740, including ensuring timely and accurate preparation and review of income tax provision work papers in support of the financial statements.
- Prepare tax-related financial disclosures for international tax positions required in GAAP financial statements.
- Consult with foreign business units on tax issues as they arise, especially concerning new business development projects.
- Monitor changes in tax law in applicable foreign jurisdictions which impact the Company’s tax posture.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the tax compliance process.
- Monitoring and assisting EVO’s foreign entities and third-parties toward resolving foreign income tax and VAT audits.
- Develop metrics for monitoring tax compliance and develop and implements internal tax controls.
- Provide calculation of book to tax differences for all applicable foreign subsidiaries and foreign affiliates.
- Review the quantification of uncertain tax positions and approve the required FIN 48 documentation for foreign subsidiaries and foreign affiliates.
- Direct the calculation and monitoring of foreign subsidiary and foreign affiliate’s Earnings & Profit.
- Provide guidance on payroll and expatriate tax issues.
- Open and read emails on a daily basis.
- Conform with and abide by all federal, state, local regulations, EVO Payments International’s Corporate Policies and Procedures,
- and instructions.
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
- Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA).
- Adhere to privacy; confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Perform related projects and duties as assigned.