IT Support Specialist II
EVO IT Systems Admin. & Infrastructure | Portland, ME | Full Time
Under minimum supervision the IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing a single point-of-contact for all EVO users who
contact the Information Technology Department for software and hardware support. Receive and respond to user inquiries and requests for technical assistance, provide possible solutions and assistance and support to the AVP/VP of IT and other departmental staff.
Ensure documentation standards and procedures for operations are in place. Actively seek and evaluate opportunities for process improvement. Document and maintain position processes. Maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external customers.
• High School or equivalent experience and 3-5 years of Help Desk / Support Services Technician in banking or finance industry;
credit card processing preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science generally preferred.
• CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Net+ certifications or demonstrated expertise required.
• MCP, MCSE, MCSA or equivalent certification a plus.
• Knowledge of AD, VMware, NetApp, and Citrix preferred.
• Good knowledge of desktop computers and desktop peripherals.
• Good customer services skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
• Experience in network environment and network principles (i.e. security, login, print queues.)
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong professional oral and written communications skills.
• Good data entry skills and ability to navigate among multiple systems.
• Strong telephone customer service and interpersonal skills, and must possess a positive attitude.
• Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with team and customers.
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues to technical and non-technical staff.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• High energy, enthusiastic and proactive self-starter.
• Aptitude to work under pressure and be highly adaptable.
• Capable of determining accurate timelines and deliverables.
• Proficient in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite), workstation operating systems and applications.
• Provide first line technical application support via telephone, email or in person
• Provide primary support for creating, enabling, disabling, or removing system user accounts for the purpose of maintaining network security, and verifying specific levels of access for all staff.
• Provides technical support via telephone, email, or in person to other business units.
• Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
• Respond efficiently to inquiries from users and effectively help resolve any hardware or software problems.
• Take ownership of user problems and proactively deal with user issues.
• Escalate difficult support issues to EVO Systems Engineers when necessary.
• Process requests regarding technology hardware or software usage and network account.
• Work collaboratively with EVO Engineers and seek technical guidance and counsel if necessary.
Organize external technical support for problems which cannot be resolved in house.
• Support computer users by providing necessary training and guidance.
• Documents each IT support services request, status update and final resolution in a detailed manner using the EVO IT Service
• Review service request historical data to extract service request trends, and work to develop methods, such as end user training, new or upgrade hardware, etc. to reduce future service requests of similar nature.
• Develop and submit monthly reporting of all received, completed and backlogged service requests to the VP of Information
• Maintain documentation regarding the purchase, licensing, and installation of software applications and tracking contract/user license agreements for the purpose of maintaining software compliance.
• Maintain strict confidentiality (e.g. passwords and other system security features) for the purpose of ensuring network security.
• Assist other IT staff members with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
• Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
• Work with System Engineers and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve issues received from users.
• Recommend and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
• Assess functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
• Order computer supplies and maintain IT supplies inventory accurately.
• Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the IT Tech Room.
• Participates in meetings, establishes/maintains interdepartmental communications and undertakes special projects.
• Perform research and continued effort towards education in the area of new technology for the purpose of making recommendations for equipment and software program purchases and upgrades.
• Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
• Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA).
• Adhere to privacy; confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
• Perform related projects and duties as assigned.