Financial Analyst I
EVO Financial Planning and Analysis | Atlanta, GA | Full Time
This position will be with EVO Payments International, the parent company of Sterling Payments Technologies and located in Atlanta, GA.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting EVO’s business and finance leadership through financial modeling, analysis and reporting activities. The position will work directly with the annual operating plan (budget), interim financial estimates and ad hoc analyses. The Financial Analyst will support the Director of Finance in the forecasting of the business, analysis of performance variances, and management presentations. The position will also support the General Manager of the B2B Sales Channel by providing analysis of price and profitability trends, key metrics, and strategic plans.
• Provide insightful analysis of B2B sales channel performance and trends, budgets and forecasts, analysis of performance variances, and other related ad hoc financial analyses.
• Identify profitability trends in the B2B sales channel and recommend business and pricing strategies for management.
• Provide thoughtful analysis of operating and capital expenditures, and corresponding provide visibility and accountability for managers.
• Prepare reports for presentation to management on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Produce monthly reports which include key metrics, financial results, and actionable takeaways on company performance.
• Assist and coordinate the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and periodic forecasts.
• Analyze results and report exceptions or anomalies to supervisor(s).
• Prepare financial reporting for our investments and have the ability to track internal operating performance metrics.
• Gain comfort with the accounting system; develop ability to extract financial data on operating affiliates and service lines.
• Reconcile data to external (profitability reports, subsidiary reports) and internal (General Ledger) sources.
• Establish working relationships with operating and subsidiary management personnel to facilitate the preparation of the operating budget and analysis of variances to budget.
• Assist with leading operating and subsidiary managers through the budget planning process.
• Analyze cost controls and expenses to guide corporate management.
• Document and maintain position processes to help ensure position continuity and for reference in the performance management process.
• Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
• Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA).
• Adhere to privacy, confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from a strong undergraduate institution
• Strong work ethic
• 0 to 2 years experience in corporate finance, investment banking, private equity or capital management environment
• Strong competency in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office) with demonstrated proficiency in Excel (financial statement modeling, vlookups, pivot tables, and other functions used to evaluate large amounts of data)
• Detail oriented with strong appreciation for accuracy in financial modeling and professional presentation of analyses
• Exposure/experience to Microsoft AX or comparable GL system preferred; strong aptitude for using commercially available technology to increase productivity of analyses and enable repeatable processes
• Excellent analytical/problem solving and decision making skills
• Excellent oral and written communication and reasoning skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Exposure to working with international businesses, particularly in Europe and Latin America, is preferred.
• Engaging personal style with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to lead by example through intellect and persuasion.
• Ability to work well with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Team player with a hands-on approach.
• Strong analytical mind with experience in strategic financial analysis preferred.
• Ability to complete projects timely and accurately is critical.
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Experience in financial reporting, SEC reporting, financial analysis, and financial modeling
• Experience working on mergers and acquisitions and through due diligence processes
• Exposure/experience to Microsoft AX or comparable GL system preferred, but not required.
• Working knowledge of Spanish preferred, but not required.
• Perform related projects and duties as assigned.