EVO Corporate Accounting | Melville, NY | Full Time
This position is with EVO Payments International, the parent company of Sterling Payments Technologies and located in Melville, NY
Under general supervision, assist with commission payments, reports and analysis. Maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external customers. Documenting and maintaining position processes.
• Requires an Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and 1 to 3 years’ of experience in commissions, accounting, finance or related environment; credit card processing industry a plus.
• Detailed-oriented and has the ability to manage multiple projects meeting various deadline and competing priorities.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Attention to accuracy and detail in processing information.
• Must have a positive attitude, strong customer service skills and good work ethics.
• Ability to comfortably work in a commissions system
• Good follow-through skills and ability to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Good analytical, organization and problem solving skills.
• Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with team and customers.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of operations and senior management.
• Desire to learn new tasks in a dynamic environment.
• Good oral and written communication skills are necessary, organization and analytical skills are necessary.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
• Proficient in Windows based computer applications MS Excel. (All Excel features required – pivot tables, etc.)
• Competent in other Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office), etc. Great Plains, MIDAS a plus.
• Prepare and calculate EVO and affiliated company commissions and sales bonus program payments on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in accordance with the standards created by EVO and its managed affiliates (EVO Direct, EPSG, etc.)
• Prepare and maintain monthly sales agent commissions, including recording of commission adjustments, sales agent information updates and other related activities (i.e. Emailing/communicating with sales, validating MM541 data, and reviewing other monthly reports).
• Prepare and reconcile Third party billing statements to EVO records on a monthly basis (i.e. Paymentech, Global etc) to support the commission’s calculation process.
• Reconcile vendor/customer statements, research and correct any discrepancies as appropriate.
• Keep abreast, through continuing education of changes, new technologies in the credit card processing industry.
• Document and maintain position processes to help ensure position continuity and for reference in the performance management process.
• Identify areas of process improvements.
• Work in concert with other departments as it relates to pricing changes that will impact the commission calculations.
• Perform analysis on commission and sales bonus programs.
• Perform some internal audit checks and due diligence work on commissions and credits.
• Meet or exceed established department performance metrics
• Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
• Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA).
• Adhere to privacy; confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
• Perform related projects and duties as assigned.