Case Manager Assistant - Foreign Trained Physician or Nurse
Home Health | Atlanta, GA | Full Time
MedSide Healthcare is committed to providing superior in-home care through a wide range of services including skilled nursing, rehabilitation, medical social services, personal support and homemaker services to our patients in their homes. The primary goal of MedSide’s management and staff is to provide these services in a way which optimizes the dignity and independence of all of our patients. The growth of our company can be attributed to our employees' knowledge, skill and commitment to providing outstanding patient care and customer service.
Now is the time for you to be involved in the care of our patients and the exciting expansion of our company!
The Case Manager Assistant - Foreign Trained Physician or Nurse is responsible for care coordination, advocacy and the delivery of needed services to people who are unable to handle these matters themselves. Case management aides, also known as case management assistants, play an important role, providing assistance and administrative support to case managers.
Develop, implement, and participate in education of newly hired professional staff as well as the on-going development of the clinicians.
Provide in-home supervision of staff for training or performance reasons.
Perform annual competencies for clinicians.
Ongoing development of Case Management model to include: assessment of patients, development of POC (485), communication with physician, coordination of services with other disciplines, ordering of supplies, overall collaboration of care.
Assist with planning and preparation for weekly clinical team meetings.
Provide 15-20 minute educational/training sessions at each staff meeting related to current clinical topics.
Oversee clinical documentation to include medical records audit. Recommends clinical changes to maintain standards of practice.
Assist with the provision of patient information or orders from physicians, documents and communicates pertinent information to clinical staff.
- Medical School Graduate
- Authorized to work in the U.S
- Eligible for USMLE Step 1 & 2
- Experience with EMR
- Leadership capability
- Tech savvy
- Medical writing; Developing educational material; Literature searches; Continuing Medical Education; Community outreach; Public Relations * Position Requirements:
- Desire to provide the utmost in patient-centered care
- Ability to: multi-task in a busy clinical environment; handle a vast amount & variety of responsibilities; improvise and adapt; work in a team; follow directions and implement feedback to improve job performance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superb verbal & written communication skills