Video Web Application QA Manager
Engineering | Los Angeles, CA
Beverly Hills based MediaPlatform®, the industry leader for best-in-class webcasting and media management technology, is seeking an experienced QA Manager to join our team. MediaPlatform’s® software products enable our customers to create high impact lead generation, corporate communication and training programs while leveraging the advantages of scalable cloud based computing or on premise deployment, presentation and management of rich media. The company helps clients derive long term archive value from their investment in content.
Working closely with our Dev/Ops and Engineering team, the QA Manager will be responsible for leading and providing clear direction for the QA department. The QA Manager is expected to establish effective QA processes and test automation. Must be hands on in performing testing and writing automation scripts. The QA Manager will also work closely with the engineering and dev/ops team to take a release from testing to deployment. The QA Manager must also have the capability of growing a QA team over time.
- Bachelors or Masters in relevant discipline or combination of education and professional experience
- 5 + years of QA for web based applications
- Manual and automated testing
- Management of test plans/scripts
- General technical knowledge of Linux, HTML, HTTP, SQL and scripting
- White-box testing - good understanding of application architecture, data flow, JAVA server
- Experience with load testing tools, such as JMeter
- Strong experience with test automation scripts, including Selenium and Flash-Selenium
- Continuous integration, using tools such as Hudson
- Experience with live video and VODs (FLV, HDS, HLS, MP4, FMS)
- Familiarity with Atlassian products
- Some familiarity with JAVA programming
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive base salary and an excellent benefits package as well as future growth opportunities within the company. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.