Technical Support Specialist - Richmond
Client Services | Richmond, VA
MediaPlatform®, the industry leader for best-in-class webcasting and media management technology, is seeking a Technical Support Specialist for our Richmond, VA office. This individual will respond to support requests from customers using our web-based WebCaster software for building and producing webcasts, and our video portal software PrimeTime. He or she will work directly with external customers to resolve problems and answer questions by devising tests, researching knowledge bases and consulting with Technical Support Engineers and members of the Product Team. He or she will also provide customer training, participate in product demonstrations, and assist in maintaining knowledge bases related to the product.
MediaPlatform delivers best in class webcasting and media management technology to global enterprises and digital media producers. Our customers include many of the world's most recognized companies covering a variety of industries. We offer organizations the ability to take advantage of scalable cloud-based computing, as well as on premise deployment, to present and manage rich media.
- Direct support to customers who are using our webcasting and video portal software
- Monitor live events and /or provide producer support for webcast events
- Assist in product documentation and training development
- Train customers on best practices using our software
- Available to work an 8 hour support shift between the hours of 6AM– 6PM EST, Monday through Friday, as well as occasional after-hours phone support.
- Available for travel to corporate home office in California for training
This position is based in Richmond, Virginia. Initially, the incumbent will need to travel for an extended period of time to our home office in Beverly Hills, California for training. Only local Richmond applicants will be considered.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- College degree
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems, Internet browsers, online video technology, encoding, video production, network applications
- Ability to create clear and organized process and technical documentation
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Adapts to changes in the work environment and able to deal with frequent delays or unexpected events
- Able to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
- Ability to work with a team
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments even under tight deadlines
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to assist users who may possess varying levels of computer experience
- Experience working at a start-up is a plus
A high growth opportunity where all team members are encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture in a dynamic and stable company. You will collaborate daily with an experienced senior team and work with the latest cool video technologies from a usability perspective!
We offer a competitive salary, equity and an attractive benefits package including 401(k), paid parking as well as employee medical and dental coverage.
Submit resume and salary history, please no phone inquiries, recruiters or 3rd party employers. Local candidates are encouraged to apply. Currently, we do not offer relocation for this position.