Sr. Front End React Engineer
Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Beverly Hills based MediaPlatform®, the industry leader for best-in-class webcasting and media management technology, is seeking an experienced Front End Engineer to join our team. As our new Front End Engineer, you'll work closely with our team to help design and build a suite of HTML5 applications that will challenge and reward you.
MediaPlatform’s® software products WebCaster® and PrimeTime® are used by enterprise clients like GM, Accenture, Adobe, and others. They enable our customers to create a high impact lead generation, corporate communication, and training programs while leveraging the advantages of scalable cloud-based computing or on-premise deployment, presentation, and management of rich media. The company helps clients derive long-term archive value from their investment in content.
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing web client applications
- Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Thorough understanding of event sourcing designs including Flux architecture
- Experience building reusable, stand-alone React components
- Create pixel perfect UI/UX from wireframes and mocks provided by UI/UX designer
- Understanding of interfacing with RESTfull applications
- Experience with creating dynamic Single Page Applications with frameworks such as React, RequireJS, AngularJS, or Ember
- Experience with using version control system such as Git/GitHub
- Experience or familiarity with modern front-end tools such as Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, Compass, Sass, CSS frameworks, Iinters, JS libraries like jQuery or YUI, Underscore, Node and NPM, Grunt, and CodeKit.
- A solid understanding of the following concepts: modular development, functional programming, DRY, event-driven pub/sub architecture, closures.
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience with HTML5 video technology
- Knowledge of backend technologies such as Java or NodeJS
We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including 401K plan, medical and dental insurance.
We are also proud to offer a challenging, dynamic work environment, where we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Submit resume and salary history, please no phone inquiries, recruiters or 3rd party employers. We do not sponsor H1B visas. Must possess valid US work authorization.