Senior IT / DevOps Manager
Engineering | Los Angeles, CA
Beverly Hills based MediaPlatform®, the industry leader for best-in-class webcasting and media management technology, is seeking an experienced Senior System Engineer to join our team. Working closely with our CTO, you will be directly responsible for understanding, stabilizing and improving the release management process for our highly scalable flagship products: WebCaster® and PrimeTime® used by enterprise clients like Facebook, AT&T, Motorola, and others.
MediaPlatform’s® software products enable our customers to create high impact lead generation, corporate communication and training programs while leveraging the advantages of scalable cloud based computing or on premise deployment, presentation and management of rich media. The company helps clients derive long term archive value from their investment in content.
Our ideal team member is an experienced IT/DevOps Engineer who possesses the systems management background necessary to help scale MediaPlatform's systems, as well as manage redundancy and load balancing for over 100 systems in our cloud. We require extensive hands on experience and a high level of competency in general Linux, Amazon Web Services and release/configuration management. Solid IT fundamentals and good Perl/Bash scripting skills also needed. This position will be responsible for occasionally supporting our Professional Services team with client installs, so some travel and great communication skills in a client facing role are also called for.
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 6 + years of System Engineering or System Administration experience
- 6 + years of Linux administration experience
- 4 + years of Puppet configuration managment
- Amazon AWS – EC2, Load Balancer, EBS, ELB, RDS, S3, S3FS
- Experience with MySQL, JVM, Apache HTTP Server, and Apache Tomcat
- Load balancing software & hardware experience
- Release management – SVN, Maven, Nexus, Hudson
- Alerting and monitoring - Nagios and/or Zabbix
- Strong scripting skills (Perl or Bash)
- Experience setting up highly scalable and redundant systems
- Startup experience
- Experience with video and webcasting technologies
- Prior experience supporting a development team in a production environment
- Experience managing Jira/Confluence
A high growth opportunity where all team members are encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture in a dynamic and stable company. You will collaborate daily with an experienced senior team and work with the latest cool video technologies from a usability perspective!
We offer a competitive salary, equity and an attractive benefits package including 401(k), paid parking as well as employee medical and dental coverage.
Submit resume and salary history, please no phone inquiries, recruiters or 3rd party employers. Local candidates are encouraged to apply. Currently, we do not offer relocation for this position.