Senior Front End Web Applications Developer
Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Beverly Hills based MediaPlatform®, the industry leader for best-in-class webcasting and media management technology, is seeking an experienced Senior Front End Web Applications Developer to join our team. Working closely with our CTO, you will be directly responsible for understanding, stabilizing and improving the release management process for our highly scalable flagship products: WebCaster® and PrimeTime® used by enterprise clients like Facebook, AT&T, Motorola, and others.
MediaPlatform’s® software products enable our customers to create high impact lead generation, corporate communication and training programs while leveraging the advantages of scalable cloud based computing or on premise deployment, presentation and management of rich media. The company helps clients derive long term archive value from their investment in content.
- 5+ years hand-on experience developing web client applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematic, Engineering (preferred but not required)
- Experience with MV* frameworks, such as Backbone, RequireJS, AngularJS, Ember, or others.
- Experience or familiarity with modern front-end tools like Compass, Sass, CSS frameworks, Iinters, JS libraries like jQuery or YUI, Underscore, Node and NPM, Grunt, CodeKit, GitHub.
- A solid understanding of the following concepts: modular development, functional programming, DRY, event-driven pub/sub architecture, closures.
- Must have experience developing complex, semi-thick client side web applications
- Experience in a start up environment
- Experience with HTML5 video technology
- Experience with: GWT
We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including company contributory 401K plan, medical and dental insurance.
We are also proud to offer a challenging, dynamic work environment, where we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.